Priceline Hotel: Resort Tucson (North) Omni Tucson Golf and Spa

owl36
By owl36,
in

Any help working out this property would be most appreciated. I do not think that we have seen it yet.

3.5* N Scottsdale - Best Value

4/4 to 4/8 $85

Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, High-Speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

I have been trying for the last 6 weeks on priceline up to $90 in the North Phoenix zone (Pointe Hiltons) and Tempe (Buttes) but no bite. Last week availability decreased sharply for the Friday night. I suspect that the Scottsdale Plaza is available at around $75, but reviewers have not been kind about this property.

Thank you for your help and of course I will keep the board updated whether I use Hotwire or Priceline.

owl36

My guess would be the Scottsdale Radisson but I am not sure. If you drop off the night of the 4th the rate drops to $59 for the 5th-8th. Its also coming up at $82 on my screen for all 4 nights so before you buy something on hotwire clean your Hotwire cookies off your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't managed to work this one out.

The Radisson Resort and Spa is closing down on the 31 March. I rang the hotel. So the availability from 4th April till 8th April cannot be this property....or HOTWIRE have made an error.

Are there any other 31/2* properties in scottsdale that have a spa?

Many thanks

owl36

Have been trying to get something in North Phoenix for these dates since February. Bidding once a week up to $100 for a resort. Last week bid up to $130 but still no luck. Although I thought my chances would improve as we got closer to travel, the availability started to become limited - Hilton - Squaw Peak, Wyndham Buttes (Tempe) and Scottsdale Plaza (Scottsdale) all showing sold out for individual nights.

Having never been to Tucson, and heard good things about the place, I decided on an alternative destination for a change of scenery.

Expected to get the Omni Tucson based on availability and previous posts on this board.

Bid North Tucson $65 and was denied, increased to $70 and was offered a counterbid of $22. Restarted the process with 2nd free rebid zone at $75 and success. Very Pleased Indeed. Aware of the $12 resort fee but despite this I am saving some $$$ and going somewhere new.

Once again thank you to the administrator/ moderators and to everyone who posts. I will keep up my part of the bargain by posting a review upon my return.

owl36

As Theruare is probably too nice and I am not, perhaps "your end of the bargain" should be to use the affiliates of this board to do your bidding. It is well worth noting that most of us read TOBB and will notice that Owl36 used their affiliate. Seeing that the OMNI for $75 was really this site's info, and the fact that the other lady is so mean, you should give your support from where you get your support.

All that being said, I hope you enjoy your stay and "come around" in the future.

As Theruare is probably too nice and I am not...
:) :) :o
perhaps "your end of the bargain" should be to use the affiliates of this board to do your bidding... seeing that the OMNI for $75 was really this site's info, and the fact that the other lady is so mean,you should give your support from where you get your support.

Thank you very much for putting into the words the way i often feel.

I frequently have very extreme feelings about the board, at times i'm optimistic and believe we have one of the best communities on the 'net... then there are other times when i question the amount of time put into it as "nobody really gives a cr*p anyway".

The lack of support from a post such as the one in this thread is very discouraging and, when it occurs, causes me re-think the help that we try to give here; but thankfully there are posts such as baseball's which continue to give hope about where we're heading and optimistic about seeing the board reach its full potential.

Baseball, thanks again for your comments.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]