Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) Movenpick

mlozam
By mlozam,
in

Am trying to bid for the first time for Oct 22-24 for 2 rooms in City Center Museum Qtr. My first bid of $68 has been rejected. I read somewhere that in order to rebid immediately I should change my criteria to a 5* in City Center South but am worried I might win in that area.

Any tips on what to do next would e much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I read somewhere that in order to rebid immediately I should change my criteria to a 5* in City Center South but am worried I might win in that area.
If you're bidding for 5* in the CC/MQ zone and this is the zone you want to stay in shouldn't you use the CC South zone to re-bid in, unles you're willing to stay there.

It's very important that you can determ your free zones so you don't end up in a diffrent zone. Please read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Just post with further questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

If you were bidding 5* Museum Quarter you would be able to add the South zone since there are no hotels in that zone which meet your minimum star rating threshold, but since you're bidding for a 4* property, and there are 4* hotels in the South zone, you won't be able to use it as a re-bid zone.

You can read more about re-bidding here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Please give this thread a read and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So you won the Movenpick from the 22nd to the 25th?

I'm going to bid soon but was hoping to avoid the Movenpick as they have zero smoking rooms and thought I had a good chance as they've shown 0 availablity Oct 24th for the past two weeks.

Edit - my dates are Oct 21st to the 25th and the 24th shows sold out @ Movenpick. If I win does that mean I'll get something other than movenpick?

Edit - my dates are Oct 21st to the 25th and the 24th shows sold out @ Movenpick. If I win does that mean I'll get something other than movenpick?

We have seen hotels won when their websites otherwise show a sold-out condition. It s the exception much more than the rule, but it does happen... so it would be a calculated risk on your part which you would have to decide if you were willing to take.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been trying for a week now bidding from 70-75 bucks for a 4 star hotel in the City Center-Museum Quarter but no dice. Im shooting for 10-26-10 thru 10-29-10.

Ive stayed at both the Movenpick and NH Centre and have won for less than 80 on both accounts...Im hoping I don't have to go more than that.

Rossum20,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Ive stayed at both the Movenpick and NH Centre and have won for less than 80 on both accounts...Im hoping I don't have to go more than that.
Not sure how long ago these trips were, but please start to share your win(s) with the board so that the information can best help others.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]