Priceline Hotel: Orlando Resort (WDW) Wyndham Palace

mrwiggles
By mrwiggles,
in

Started with Universal Area Resort at $69 then added WDW. After that I used the trick of selecting areas that did not offer resorts, incrementing $75, $79, $82 and accepted at $85. I got the usual Wydham Palace, after originally slating the Crowne Plaza on HW for $125.

The Crowne has glowing reviews, Wyndham not so much. Can Anyone tell me if at least the pools are very nice and clean. It surprises me that a 4*/Resort by Wyndham can be as bad as the reviews. :)

Oh, I forgot. Also did a car Orlando airport 4/7 - 4/11. Started with a midsize at $12 per day (based on prices that were coming off Hotwire). I was rejected. Lowered my car (still $12) to Compact (Ford Focus?) and it was accepted, through Hertz no less. $71 total for 4 days, though that was a pretty good deal. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You may want to copy/paste your car rental info in the forum set up for that information: CAR RENTALS (States A-M).

I haven't stayed at either property, but suspect the reviews may not be as bad as you anticipate. Everyone has different expectations and many of the poor reviews come from guests that paid much more than users of the opaque services... it stands to reason that when users pay more they often expect more. I have commented before that there have been opaque hotel stays that i have been thrilled with for the money paid and have in turn written a glowing review... yet if i had been there and paid rack rate my comments would be entirely different, feeling as if i had been ripped off!

Enjoy your own stay. If you have a digital camera you may want to (and it would be appreciated :) ) if you took some pictures of the property and posted them at our sister site: RealHotelPhotos.com, as it was created for exactly this purpose... letting users see with their won eyes what is 'right' and what is 'wrong' with each property... then users can decide for themselves how clean the pool is and how tacky the furniture is, and determine whether it would bother them or not to stay there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

the wyndham is okay - i hope they have enough check in staff - or the queues can be very long

you could join wyndham by request (for free) in advance of your stay - this will give you a designated check in for members only (much shorter) and welcome drinks and snacks in your room

i would advise ringing in advance and requesting a room in the main building - they are much better rooms - the annexe rooms are considerably inferior (although they all have tiny bathrooms)

enjoy your stay

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]