Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Taj Boston

marquess
By marquess,
in

Hi Guys,

after various rebiddings -even after having been ordered by priceline system to raise bid by $30 from $150 to $180. Shut down browser and tried again by selecting again my favorites (Copley and Aquarium) and adding a lower quality zone. Made deal at $175. Hope this is a good one.

Greeting from Germany, espesially to AaronJB!! :)

P.S. Can someone tell me where to park at a reasonable price in Boston? Probably it would be best to park the car in the outskirts (where??) and get back in the city by train/metro/bus.In the city no need for car, isn't it?!

Will you only be in Boston for 3 days? For the most part a car is not necessary, "cheap" parking can be had in the area of the Federal Courthouse for about $24 per day but you won't have in/out privileges with this. You will most likely be able to walk to most places in the City that you would want to see. If there is somewhere you want to go to outside the City, I would recommend just renting a car for the day you would need it. Although the public transit system doesn't compare to that of NYC, it is quite good at getting you around the City at a reasonable price.

If you're in the area for longer than 3 days and will need a car, just wait until you actually need it. No need to pay $30+ per day for a car AND almost as much for parking. As much as I like the idea of tourists paying for our convention center and whatever else rental car fees go to, I can't in good faith actually advocate it.

There is a parking garage right next to Wellington Station on the Orange Line just north of the city in Medford. It is $5.00 a day in a covered garage & it has a walkway that is attached to the T Wellington station for your ride into town. You could just stay on the Orange line to Back Bay station & walk to the Taj hotel from there. I have attached a link to the info

http://www.stationlanding.com/StationLandingParkingRates.pdf

Thank you!! Well, i will have to have one, because we are doing a roundtrip coming from nyc...

-> how to get to boston from new york without a car and avoid the one way charge?

(if i rented the car after our boston visit in boston, then we would have to pay extra fee, since we have to go back to new york again and return the car there..)

Wow! Thank you. That sounds really good. Would have never known..

For 3 days: Does it make sense to buy a special ticket for the official transport (normally i can reach everything by walk from the taj, can't i?) want to make the duck tours - station is closed to the sheraton i think. But for that we could take a taxi?

Another question: we'd really like to see harvard and maybe the MIT? Is there something you can recommend? (something special going on in Boston on Aug. 24. or 25.?) I read about the summer cruises by boat but I'm not sure whether it's good..don't want to run in any "tourist traps"

Just saw that it is $10 per day (only mbtas pay $5) but that should still be a good price.

Many Greetz!

yes, it is possible. but since we'll make a roundtrip and we can do some sightseeing on our way + we are more flexible + there would be an extra one way charge we take the car. Parking for $10 in the outskirts doesn't sound bad, does it?

Thanks for your response.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]