Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Asheville (Downtown-Biltmore Estate) Crowne Plaza

oldmanbob
By oldmanbob,
in

First... thanks for the tips. I read them before entering my bids

Secondly, I used the PRICELINE link posted within this board to connect to Priceline before placing my bid.

I then tried for a 2.5 star in the Biltmore Square zone of Ashville NC. There seems to only be one 2.5 star hotel (Comfort Suites) in that zone and I would have been happy to get it. I actually enjoy the Comfort Suites... they typically have great waffles!

My first bid of $60 was not accepted. I couldn't play many games trying numerous bids due to time, as the date I wanted to reserve for was for the very next day.

Thus I upped my bid to $71.00 and also selected the downtown zone. This zone provided for a safe immediate second bid as it only had one 2 star which I was not worried about but could have accepted, but I set my selection at 2.5 stars to try for the Comfort suites again, and the downtown zonehad a few 3 stars that would have been equally acceptable. My bid of $71 was accepted for the 3.5 star Crown Plaza in Asheville. Taxes and fees pushed my overall total to $87.48. However, having stayed in this area numerous times, thats a decent price for the Ashville area this time of year with families still on vacation before the start of school in a week or two.

Reviews on this hotel on Tripadvisor are mixed; reviews on Priceline are a little most positive and the Intercontinental website itself, of course, touts the place up wonderfully. I will post my feedback on myhotel experience on trip advisor once we return after this weekend.

I wil bring a set of earplugs just in case it is noisy as that seems to be the very common complaint I read in reviews, but I am happy with the price and pleased with the feedback here that hepled me get it.

Thanks!

OMB

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Crown Plaza.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Just got back from my stay at Crown Plaza in Ashville, NC Stayed there one night 8/7/10. Hotel was actually very nice, and I scored a very nice room with a great view overlooking the fairway. Hotel room was as clean as I've seen. Bathroom and shower area were immaculate. Warning on noise heard from hallway is valid. I requested and received a room at end of hall that minimized this concern. Slept like a baby until the fire alarm went of at 1:15 am. Then they announced every ten minutes it was nothing and to stay in rooms. As I was only on 4th floor, and stairwell was 30 feet away, I was not concerned. Never even used my earplugs, but the hotel has free sleep ameneties in every room.. eyecovers and ear plugs. Breakfast in the dining room was great but a little pricey. two adults with tip = 29.00 omelets cooked to order, all beverages , and waffle bar. I was stuffed!

Warning: I spoke with the desk clerk in the late evening after checkin and mentioned I had Pricelined the room He told me the hotel was over booked and that Priceline just keeps on reserving rooms many times even if they have no rooms available. Use caution when reserving and then call the hotel directly next day after reserving on priceline like I did, to verify the reservation is in place and a room will in fact be available.

Very nice hotel. Wil try to get it again my next visit to Asheville. It is about 10 minutes from downtown however, but driving to downtown is easy finding a prking space is a pain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]