Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (NMA-River North) Ambassador East

freyday14
By freyday14,
in

Using the PRICELINE link from this website...

Bid History (on August 6, 2010)

3* Millenium Park/Loop $60 rejected

Re-bid $65 rejected

Re-bid $70 rejected

3* NMA- River North

$65 accepted

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $65.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $65.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $17.35 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $82.35 (USD)

We'll be coming in on the Metra, arriving at Union Station, from the NW Suburbs. Any suggestions on the best way to get to this hotel from the train station? It's a bit farther north than we expected...

Congrats on your success. :)

Should not be more than $10 for a cab, or you can walk over to State and Monroe to the Red Line subway and then take that North to Clark/Division, and then it's only a few blocks to the Ambassador E. If you decide on the cab route, I'd suggest walking a few blocks East (go over the river) and then taking a cab from there, not waiting in the cab line next to the station.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

I'm not a big fan of Navy Pier - if you've never been, there's not a great deal beyond pricey rides, souvenir booths and things like an IMAX theater and McDonalds. There are some nice views, but I just think things like Lincoln Park Zoo are more memorable. Just my 2 cents.

This property is not near Navy Pier; it's a long walk, but it's a pretty walk if you do want to head that way: head a couple of blocks South to Division, then East on Division to Lake Shore Drive, then head South on LSD, which becomes Michigan Ave. Head South on Michigan Ave to Chicago St. Head East on Chicago a couple of blocks to Fairbanks, then Fairbanks South to Illinois. Illinois East the remainder of the distance, and Fox and Obel is a nice stop during that stretch, on Illinois and McClurg.

Or you can take the Red Line from Clark/Division near the hotel South to the Grand/State station, then walk one block North to Ohio, and East on Ohio to NP, although that's still a decent walk.

Lincoln Park Zoo is about a 17 minute walk due North of the hotel.

You know, I totally agree with you in regards to the Pier. We have been to Chicago many times BUT this is the first time we are bringing our daughter with us and the Chicago Children's Museum is high on her list! So, off to the pier we go :)

Thanks again for the help with the location.

I will suggest that it may be a nice thing to do earlier in the morning when it's cooler and less crowded.

One other note is that the Fox and Obel Market and Cafe (fox-obel.com) is on Illinois and McClurg and there is a giant Dominicks on the corner of Illinois and Columbus (which is just a couple of blocks West of Fox and Obel.) While I'm not a huge fan of the pier, if you can pull together some assorted items from those two grocery stores (which are both only a few minutes walk from Navy Pier), it may be nice to have a bit of a picnic (late breakfast/early lunch) out on the pier.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]