Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial District) Club Quarters World Trade

latentpower
By latentpower,
in

I need a place to stay in or around Manhattan this Saturday night. I would be willing to stay somewhere in Queens/Brooklyn that was safe and along one of the major subway lines or in Jersey City/Hoboken if its along the water (near a metro), I don't want to stay in LI or CT. As long as the place is clean I am ok (I would be content with most 2 stars, but would probably want to bid at 2.5 or 3 star minimum to be safe. What should my strategy be? Especially because I am so close to the date?

I can book at the company rate at a 4 star boutique in the ESB area for $150 + taxes -- but I really don't need that kind of quality and would prefer to save if possible.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As bidding for tonite has already ended, what did you end up doing for this stay? Did you book for only Friday nite or are you now all set for Saturday nite as well?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I would have really appreciated some help before bidding had ended. I ended up getting the 4* Club Quarters WTC for $120 + fees/taxes Saturday night which is convenient because its not that far from the office. On Friday night I just stayed at a friends place (I was hoping to never crash on a floor again after I left college).

Sorry that we didn't get to your post in time, but sometimes we get backed up (either the board is very busy or other commitments, or both) and can't get to every query as quick as we would like, which is why we recommend posting earlier than the day before your stay.

There are two Club Quarters properties in this zone, can you confirm you received the Club Quarters, World Trade Center location at 140 Washington Street? If so, please confirm the star rating of this property as i believe it's currently rated 3.5* by PRICELINE.

Hope you enjoyed your stay (and your back has recovered from sleeping on the floor :) )

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I should have posted earlier -- but this was a last minute thing. I will probably be posting about a stay in Dallas in a few weeks and will be sure to get it in early.

You are right - I was only requesting a 3* (I had requested in increments of $5 and included every zone from Soho to CPS) and was upgraded to this 3.5 star. I also bid up to $145 for a 4* star - but only in the mid-town/ESB/TS/CPS areas. I actually went to the other CQ first because I have stayed there many times before (and didn't even think there was another) and found out my name wasn't on the check-in list for that day and was re-directed to the WTC location. The place was all I could ask for - iHome that charges the iPhone (which was a life saver) a nice desk to work and a spacious bathroom. The only problem was that the irons are communal and the floor that I stayed on was fresh out - its a problem if you are in a hurry and it takes 15 minutes to get one delivered.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]