Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt

stefan1812
By stefan1812,
in

Me and my girlfriend will visit New York 12/11-12/15. It's our first time in New York. We will do the usual sightseeing and shopping.

We'd love to stay in Manhatten, but our budget for that is probably to low. Max budget would be 130 $ per night, 2 1/2* and above! I think we'd also consider 2* if it's a nice and clean hotel! Also we'd like a private bath, but it's not a must.

Already tried 130 $ for most downtown areas with Priceline!

Now that we don't think we'll find a hotel in Manhatten for that price, we started looking for options outside Manhatten.

We're now considering Long Island City, Jersey City, Secaucus - North Bergen. Which area of those 3 would be the best option considering the hotels, public transportation, easy acces to the Manhatten, safe area (meaning that we can walk around at night).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Exactly which zone(s) did you bid?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? It think you can get at least 3 out of the 4 nites at a nice hotel (at least compared to the 2.5* or 2* you're considering) within your budget.

How are you arriving to the NYC area?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's my thoughts...

If you drop the first nite of your stay and search HOTWIRE for 12/12-12/15 there is a 3.5* in the MTE zone for $129 with Restaurant, Fitness, Internet, Business... best guess would be the Doubletree Manhattan, Roosevelt, or Hilton Manhattan East). You could take this, or try bidding on PRICELINE for the 3 nite stay, then "fill-in" the first nite at a different hotel... either near LGA or someplace else in Manhattan.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]