Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify: 4* USE 9/23-28 for $119

honeymooner
By honeymooner,
in

hi,

i'm going to be in napa and san fran for my honeymoon in september. we've budgeted about $120 a night for the hotels (hopefully a lot less!). i've been bidding on these two locations a lot lately. i just recently found this site so i've just started doing it through your links.

details of what i'm looking for:

Part 1:

napa area: napa/sonoma/(maybe santa rosa too)

9/20-9/23

4*

upto $120

(i have been bidding upto 130, but nothing is getting accepted. i just read in your hints about changing the location to other places without 4* hotels... thank you soooo much for that tip!)

Part 2:

San Fransisco: USE/Embarcadero areas

9/23-9/28

4*

upto $120

(i have also bid upto 130, but nothing.)

should i wait until closer to the date? i'm scared to do that because we were originally going to go to san fran on the first part of our trip, but after waiting to buy the tickets, i found that most hoetls are sold out around 9/20-9/23!! so we had to change the dates around a little.

thanks for any help/suggestions you can offer! :)

Please don't double post... we'll use this thread for your 9/23-9/28 San Francisco stay and feel free to continue your existing Santa Rosa thread for the first leg of your stay.

If you've already bid up to your limit there isn't too much you can do other than consider the following options:

-SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID (even if you only drop the last nite of this stay, 9/23-9/27, i think you may increase your chances of success at $130 or under)

-consider other zones (Fishermans Wharf, USW??)

-lower your star rating

-increase your bid

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please read your messages

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for the suggestions.

i might go ahead and try dropping the last day and maybe going to a hotel by the airport that last night.... since they seem to be cheaper.

i was trying to avoid USW because i kept reading comments in reviews about the area west of union square being dumpy and unsafe.

i would lower the start rating to 3.5* but i just want to make sure we're not stuck at a holiday inn or something.

thanks... i'll let you know what happens.

let me know if there are any other suggestions :) thanks!

Nobody can say if rates will go down... or up... between now and your stay.

If demand (ie- reservations) comes in weaker then expected you can see rates drop... should demand come in stronger then expected you can see rates can go even higher.

If you're willing to stay at the airport for the last nite of your stay i think bidding for 9/23-9/27 might be your best chance for a 4* hotel within your current budget.

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The amenities for the HOTWIRE hotel above are common for a city hotel, but they do match previous reports for both the Palace and the W San Francisco, so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]