Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Hilton Toronto

kiltman
By kiltman,
in

I have a wedding to attend in Toronto that is just a few blocks north of this zone so I have been trying to get the Delta Chelsea as with their registered program I can get free wifi.

After 3rd day of bidding I still have nothing.

Day 1: bid 3.5* $55 a night fail

Day 2: bid 3.5* $60 a night fail

and 3* $60 a night fail --figure I may get the Courtyard, which also has free internet

Day 3: bid 3.5* $65 a night fail

Will keep plugging away. Still have time.

Can't change the zone as I would be getting too far away from the place of the wedding.

It appears you're not using your re-bid zones, and you could be bidding more strategically then you have been... are you familiar with re-bidding? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained... but if the concept is new to you it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After a couple of days bidding $65 for 3.5* in Toronto North, I would rebid adding Toronto South, and 3* with no result.

Getting closer to the date, on 8/9/10 I bid $70 for 3.5* Downtown Toronto North, then added Downtown Toronto South.

Got a hit.

Hilton Toronto 4* Downtown Toronto South

145 Richmond Street West

Toronto, ON M5H 3M6

416-869-3456

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $70.00 (USD) 8/14/10-8/15/10

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $140.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $27.66 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $167.66 (USD)

I am very happy with this as it is only 4 miles from the wedding.

Although $30 for parking and $15 for wifi is outrageous.

According to the hilton website today 8/10/10, there is no availability at this hotel. interesting.

Although $30 for parking.

If you don't mind a short walk, there is a huge (over 2000 spaces) "Green P" municipal parking lot underneath Toronto City Hall. Weekend rates are cheap (I believe around $12 per 24 hours). It is just a block north of the Hilton on Queen Street, just east of York Street (across from the Sheraton Centre, which in turn is just across from the Hilton). It may even be connected to the Hilton by Toronto's underground "PATH" tunnel system, although I've never used that section myself. Hope this helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]