Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Parc 55 Wyndham

Maker99
By Maker99,
in

thanks. I think I agree. Now, a follow up: Recommendation on which to go with (based on nicest hotel, amenities and location to things to walk to - I've never been to SF)? And is it possible that I could get one of these for $10-$20 less on Priceline?

Huntington: Old World-style very established hotel at the top of Nob Hill. Good location to/from Union Square IF you don't mind the steep climb up/down the hill.

Westin St Francis: Located in the heart of Union Square. Many Priceline/Hotwire reports of being assigned small rooms in older section of the hotel with one double bed. Additional $$ required at check-in for larger rooms with a king bed.

Intercontinental: Located in Priceline's SOMA district (USE on Hotwire). New, sleek, contemporary hotel a few blocks south of Market Street. Adjacent to Moscone Convention Center.

If you prefer old-world charm, I'd go with the Huntington. But if you like new and comtemporary, you'll probably be happy with the Intercontinental. Both hotels enjoy good customer reviews.

Huntington has never been reported on Priceline, so no chance there to find it cheaper. Intercontinental is rarely reported in Priceline SOMA zone as most people usually get assigned the Marriott, Westin Market St or Palace Hotel. The St Francis is a toss-up between that and the Grand Hyatt. If any of the 3 hotels are attractive to you, I wouldn't nickel-and-dime on Priceline if you don't have to.

Good luck...

Thanks Beav. Seems like I have a decision to make now. I will update the post with what I decide. Anyone know of any cheap parking in these areas? I've seen some hotels that have parking packages (not on Hotwire or PL of course) and wonder if those are ever a good deal.

Thanks for all the help. I ended up going with Priceline. I have been trying Financial District at 4* while adding rebid zones. I did the following bids: $95, $105, $115, but have had no luck. I would then close browser and reopen and do Fin Dist, USE and USW: $85, $90, $95, $101, $106. After several nights of trying this, I had success tonight. After putting in $85, PL gave me the option to rebid to $100 (without having to change anything else). I opted not to and instead put in rebid zones and bid $90, $95, $101. PL made me wait 15 minutes (I had never seen that before). I checked the status of my bid and found out I had won Parc 55 Wyndham for $101 (I guess if I took PL's advice I could have saved a buck per night). Reviews and location appear to be decent so I am happy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]