Priceline Hotel: 3* Richmond (West) Ramada Plaza Richmond West

oldmantravel
By oldmantravel,
in

Bid $48 for Richmond West and was accepted by the Ramada Plaza Hotel. This is the old Sheraton hotel. It's in a little disrepair but now has free internet access although it's not a speedy connection e.g. I can't reliably use Skype to talk to my family on it.

I was hoping to get the Embassy Suites which sometimes has rooms in this zone and at this star level but no such luck.

If memory serves, you should be able to get this hotel for much less than $48. If I were to bid over again and knowing that the Embassy Suites isn't available atm, I'd start at $35 and work my way up.

Btw, I used the PRICELINE link to place my reservation. While doing this, I was thinking that it would be nice to have some sort of point system on this website to be able to track this activity. Maybe tied in with some sort of small reward system e.g. at 10 link uses, you get a star next to your name, etc.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this property works well for your plans.

There is a 'reputation' system we can implement on the board, but i never turned it on as once it could get messy/ugly users "rating" each other, and we try to keep this a friendly place and easy going atmosphere, which i wouldn't want to jeopardize. We do have some new tools and features coming out in the months ahead, and have conssidered making some of them "perks" for those who support the board, but haven't decided yet if this is the right approach either.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]