Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Edison Towers

catsmeow
By catsmeow,
in

Good Day! Can you please help i.d. a 3 star times square - theatre district hotel $308/nt., non smoking, restaurant, bus. cent., high speed internet, for next week august 3,4,5. 90% recommended. Thank you! Planning a last minute getaway for a few days with the family - basically mon.-fri., wud like 3 or 4 star, wud really like to pay more like $250/nt, but i kno last minute not likely going to happen.

The Belvedere has been previously reported with this amenity set, so that would be my guess.

Unfortunately, this is definitely a tough set of dates.When I search for 8/3-6, do see the well-reviewed Affinia Dumont for $332 on Expedia for a studio suite w/2 doubles (and then coupon code 10SPRING takes off another $10 for $322 per night.) That also includes - according to Expedia a $50 debit card that is sent to you after your trip, so taking that into account (and see Expedia for details on the card bonus offer), the price is fairly similar to the HOTWIRE listing; The area though, would definitely be different - the Affinia is near the Empire State Building.

Please use the site's Expedia, HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

thanks for the quick reply! seems like a decent hotel. will definitely consider. Expedia affinity hotel comes up more expensive for me, $422/nt., maybe because i put in 2 adults, 2 children, definitely need to sleep 4. i'll keep hunting around and i will book through your links as i have in the past. thanks :)

Just to let you know we ended up booking through here on hotwire, with the link through hotels.ca identifying the Edison hotel, 4 nts. $276/nt. aug. 2,3,4,5, forf 3 people. we have a very small, outdated room, with one queen bed and 1 pullout. it's a fabulous location in times square, but this room in this hotel is very old and i wouldn't recommend for anyone who expects anything fancy. it's 2 1/2 star hotel and thats probably quite accurate. we're thinking of trying to move for last night or two if we're able to through our Hotels.com booking. there's a 4 star avail for aug. 5, $296, suite, rest., bus. cent, internet, fitness, 95% recommended. i'm guessing maybe doubletree guest suites. can you guess or confirm this? thanks. we'll book thru your link if we do change.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

After adding the amenities, please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nite(s) of your stay if you decide to change hotels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities at the Edison Hotel were fitness, restaurant, business cent., internet. (internet was $10 /nt. charge). Parking was $35/nt. You couldn't park your car yourself and you couldn't bring your bags to your room - everything required service (tip). It was a cheaper price for a times square hotel (though almost $300/nt). Beds were comfortable. Other than that and the obvious amazing location to Times Square (right outside your door) it is not a hotel I would stay at again. The bathrooms need some serious updating - they are pretty bad. If I'm going to pay $300 for a hotel, I'd rather pay a little more than $300 and get a 3 star and up.

We ended up switching rooms for the 2nd 2 nights, as the first one was way too small. 2nd room was a bit bigger.

catsmeow

Thanx for the follow-up!

Sorry to see that you didn't like the hotel. But have in mind that the price is set by diffrent factors and not allways reflect the quality of the hotel. NYC can be hyper expensive for busy dates. But i do get your point for this post.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]