Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Buffalo-Niagara Falls (Buffalo-Amherst) Marriott

Leite
By Leite,
in

Trying to get the Marriot, in Amherst.

This hotel offers free park and fly even when booking without a package (I called the hotel twice to confirm), they DON'T have a park and fly package.

Started today, trying to big 51.00 (lowest I've seen people getting it). With taxes and fees, it would come to 65.00. Price on the actual hotel is 189.00.

Was rejected.

Will try again tomorrow, increasing to 53.00.

Followed strategy presented here.

Tried 55, 57 and 60 adding other areas in Buffalo that didn't have 3.5 star hotels. Rejected in all attempts.

Should I wait until a month out? I have seen people getting it for 51.00 and this is low season on a Monday night :)

Thanks....

Possibly a busy date in the area (convention)? What would be your desired max budget per night for hotel? You could try bidding up to your max once a week or every two weeks until mid/late September, and if nothing has accepted at that point, decide to either bid higher or lower your star rating.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Not sure what zone you are bidding on.

I have twice bid for a room near Buffalo airport, zone 2 (Cheektowaga).

First time was January 2010, and I got the Millenium.

Second time was May 2010 and I got the Millenium. My May bid was for $50. I can't remember my January bid.

Amherst isn't THAT close to the airport. The Millenium is right next to Walden Galleria and is literally a 5 minute drive from the airport...especially early in the morning.

Tried today, all the way to 74.00 (seeing that 2 people got this hotel for 72.00 and 74.00), no luck.

The difference is that my stay is a long time away.

Not sure what zone you are bidding on.

I have twice bid for a room near Buffalo airport, zone 2 (Cheektowaga).

First time was January 2010, and I got the Millenium.

Second time was May 2010 and I got the Millenium. My May bid was for $50. I can't remember my January bid.

Amherst isn't THAT close to the airport. The Millenium is right next to Walden Galleria and is literally a 5 minute drive from the airport...especially early in the morning.

I've tried all zones, no other zone in Buffalo has 3.5* other than Amherst .

The reason for insisting with Marriot in Amherst is that it is, as far as my research goes, the only hotel that offers "free" park and fly and shuttle to the airport for any booking, including Priceline.

I might give up and stay at a less nicer hotel and park at the airport.

Camilo

Leite

Thanx for the update. Sorry to see that you don't hit.

Best rack rate at Marriott is $170 for your date. And it looks like the Marriott got inventory at HOTWIRE $127. So i belive you need to bid higher to hit this if they have any PRICELINE rooms. What is your max budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

My max budget for the sleep, park and fly combo is 120.00 after taxes. For more than that, I'll just drive to Buffalo the morning of my flight.

My back up plan is "La Quinta", which has a park and fly patckage for 83.00 + taxes for the night I need.

I will keep trying....

My back up plan is La Quinta, which has a park and fly patckage for 83.00 + taxes for the night I need.

I will keep trying....

If you didn't, please note from our support page that we're an affilaite of the La Qutina... please check for and use the links there for you future hotel direct travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your bidding and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

It's been a while.

Based on my observation, if I people wait until the day prior to their trip, they can get the Marriot for around 60.00.

Just in case, I tried today after someone told me they have the Marriott today for 62.00.

I went all the way to 65.00, not accepted.

I'll try again on November 7th.

If I can't get it, I'm happy with my reservation at La Quinta for 82.99 + tax (rate has jumped now on their website to 109.00)

Camilo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update.

We have pretty much decided to stop trying the Marriot for our night stay in Buffalo 10 days from now.

Even though I still think we can get the hotel for less than 70.00 (plus taxes) if we try Priceline by the end of next week, we took into account the fact that the hotel doesn't have free breakfast (American or Continental). If we are to add the price for breakfast (13.00 per adult and 6.00 per child), it will become way more expensive than my current reservation at La Quinta (83.00 + taxes for the park and fly package including a great continental breakfast as per reviews on TripAdvisor).

I might change my mind the day before, but the recent reviews from TripAdvidor for La Quinta are really convincing me to stay there.

Thank you all...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]