Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Long Beach (San Pedro) Crowne Plaza Harbor Hotel

jmsnyc
By jmsnyc,
in

I tried bidding up to $65 and got rejected. I can only add one other area b/c all but one include 3.5*.... Is it safe to add 3* for only San Pedro area to rebid? Is there a way to tell if they have 3* in their inventory of hotels b/c I am really hoping for one of the 2 3.5* listed in the hotel list.

What is the best rate you're above to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels for these dates? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Doubletree has a $110 for 1 person, $120 for 2 for State/Local employees which I am qualified for. I do not think that rate includes breakfast, wifi or anything else for that matter - just a bare rate. I think it is a busy night because cruise ships depart the next morning. Holiday Inn Crowne Plaxaa is $144 normal and $118 Govt. Not sure if extra priceline fees make it worth it to go direct.

Not having great luck. I bid $70 and $75 today and got rejected.

There are basically 4 areas in the Long Beach area.

Long Beach

Long Beach Airport Area (LGB)

San Pedro

Torrance - Carson

The way I see it I only get 1 rebid. Since I want 3.5* and all areas have them except for LB Airport area. So first bid San Pedro alone, 2nd bid adding LB Airport.

You're correct that you only have one re-bid zones, so the question becomes how much would you need to save vs. the $110 rate at the Doubletree would you need to save to stay at an 'unknown' 3.5* hotel on this area?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid up to $70 in the LB area and $86 in the San Pedro area with no luck. I figure there is low availability due to all the cruises. I have put down a credit card reservation direct with a hotel which I can cancel up to 24 hours before.

I am thinking my strategy should be to bid each week, not really going over what I want to pay through priceline and maybe as it gets closer they will release some more rooms at lower prices.

one question for thereuare - all hotels listed in the hotel lists are based on previous wins and therefore should have at least one thread in the forum indicating a members bid experience... the Torrance/Carson area lists 3.5* Marriott Torrance South Bay in the hotel list - I was trying to find the thread on the forum where the person won that bid but I was unable to.... ?

It was back in 2005, but here is the thread for that reported win: Marriott Torrance

Keep us updated and let us know where you ultimately end up or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I won the Crowne Plaza San Pedro tonight for $85. Less than 2 weeks away. Patience paid off a little. I know someone about a week ago won @ $100 for the same night and lost at $99 (cruise leaves the next day so busy night)

My highest non-winning bid was $75 tonight and got immediate offer for free rebid at $90 so closed browser, tried $85 and unexpectedly won. Of course wish I tried $80 but I do not think it would have been accepted. Advance purchase rate from hotel website is $153 though I could have gotten room direct from hotel chain website using either govt rate (which I am eligible) or friends and family rate which I found a link in another forum for about $115. But still saved a little.

One thing I learned if PRICELINE doesn't pan out immediately, find the best rate that can be canceled up until a few days before and hold it with a credit card as backup, then try priceline again right up to your cancellation period is with your real reservation is about to end because apparently hotels do release lower rates to PRICELINE as it gets closer if they are not 100% booked.

Didn't see an edit link to post win info in subject, I guess thereuare updates it =)

And of course, I used the PRICELINE link on this site in support of this valuable resource.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]