IL Chicago Suburbs Wyndham Lisle

srock
By srock,
in

This easy to get to hotel is right off of I-88 and across the street from a Hilton. The property seems newish and well kept up. There is an office building in the back. Check in was quick and easy. Most of the rooms have connecting doors to the next room (which can be a problem depending on your neighbor); a few rooms which don't connect are near the elevators. Ice machines are on the even number floors. The room was fine and the first night was quiet. The second night, I had a screaming child in the room next to me along with a parade of adults entering/leaving. I called the front desk and ask to be moved. They did so and the new room was nice and quiet.

They do charge a connection fee for 800 numbers. Some free Wall Street Journals were available in the lobby. Not too far away are good places for breakfast or lunch, such as pancake houses, Panera, and the like. The hotel has a nice business center, with several computers and free internet. There is a charge for printing or copying.

Overall, a positive experience.

• 2 months later...

We received this Wyndham hotel through Priceline about a month ago (Sep 2010) and had probably our worst hotel experience ever. I wanted to wait before posting this review to see how the hotel responded to our complaints, but they really haven't done anything.

Before I get in to the negatives, they were very helpful at the front desk and got us checked in before the normal checkin time. The lobby area is beautiful and is probably recently renovated. Their website for this hotel says it received a $14 million dollar renovation in 2007 but it seemed to us that most of the money went into high priced rooms and their banquet areas instead of the 'regular' rooms.

I believe the hotel is actually fairly old. The outside is plain looking brick and seems to be in an older area. There is a very large unused (from what we could tell) office building that appeared to be where Lucent Technologies used to have an office. One can only guess that when the company left it greatly impacted the surrounding hotels. Despite the old exterior, the rooms appear to have some fairly new furniture. The beds appeared newer and the office chairs were very comfortable. Outdated TVs, but that seems pretty standard.

We were in the area attending an event so we were getting dressed into nicer clothes when we realized the shower in our room was severely clogged. The drain top had already been pulled out before we got into the room so someone clearly was aware of this and did not fix it. I find it hard to believe the room was thoroughly cleaned if water was not put in the tub. I told the font desk and they quickly put us in the room right next door since they couldn't tell us how quickly they could send someone to fix it.

The second room we were in was extremely poor quality compared to what you would expect from a name brand hotel. The door had about an inch gap between the bottom of the door and the ground. Before entering the door you could physically shake the door, while closed, giving the indication that the door really wasn't very secure. Upon entering we noticed the door didn't automatically close, as most hotel doors do. This was because the mechanism that is attached to the upper part of the door which does this was not present and there was a hole in the ceiling where it used to be. Yes, a HOLE. This was inconvenient, but what really made us upset was the condition of the bathroom. The tub was working in this room, but there was a lot of mildew on the edges of the tub running basically the length of the tub. Even worse, the bathroom door would not close. Something was wrong with the door frame so that you could not actually get the door to physically close.

We chose not to stay at this hotel after seeing the condition of these rooms. If they could allow such lack of concern over things like mildew control and doors not closing correctly then there is no telling what kind of corners they would cut when cleaning things like the beds. We showed the on duty manager our complaints with the rooms and he admitted they should have been put out of service. He offered a nicer room but we declined as we had already made another reservation and did not trust this property.

On a quick side note, the hotel could not refund our money but they must have called Priceline after we left because Priceline issued us a refund for our stay, saying that refunds were not generally issued but the lack of quality allowed us a special case.

If possible, AVOID THIS HOTEL. I'm guessing these rooms were their lowest quality rooms reserved for those who made reservations through services like Priceline or Hotwire. Though when you use these service you are paying less for your hotel that does not mean you should be treated with less respect and given a room that does not reflect the hotel's quality.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]