Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Buffalo-Niagara Falls (Buffalo-Amherst) Marriott

meemster
By meemster,
in

Started bidding at $60, rejected all the way up to $73. That's my max.

Followed prev poster's advice and chk'd hotel website for availability. Their "advance purchase rate" for my dates is $145 (requires adv deposit and no chg/refunds allowed a la priceline).

Wanted this Marriot as it is our 1st time crossing from Ontario/Canada to fly out of BUF, and it's convenient to airport for early am flight next day AND they reportedly allow park n fly even for priceliner's.

I see lots of posts for this hotel being accepted in the $60-65 range when people bid closer to their dates over the last year.... so now must decide whether to go for a cheaper 2* or 2.5*, and pay additional $50+ for parking at BUF....

OR just haul the kids out of bed at 4 am and hope for a smooth border crossing in order to make flight on time. Sigh, after all this research thought this was going to be simple... :)

ANY AND ALL INSIGHTS AND ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED, THX IN ADVANCE!

The question is, are you ok to keep bidding closer to your stay or do you want to try to end this now?

Since your stay is pretty far away would i keep bidding closer to the date before trying for lower rated hotels. But this is a personal choice. But i would give this a few weeks more.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link :)

Yellowdog.

Yellowdog, you're right. What have I got to lose. Will keep trying using your PRICELINE link and keep fingers crossed. Seems like lots of others are having the same problem so maybe the hotel's changed some of their patterns regarding priceline inventory... your advice very much appreciated! THX!

Still trying (via your PRICELINE link) and still rejected... have been starting at $65 and work my way up to $73, bidding for 3.5*s starting with Amherst and adding one zone while increasing bids by $2 or $3 each round. No luck yet but still holding out hope. Will post again if accepted. SIGH!

I would also suggest booking a cancellable back-up while you continue to bid... this protects you from any rate increases between now and your stay while you continue to bid on PRICELINE, as well as gives you a definitive "price to beat" and remove some of the 'i have to win' anxiety.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still getting rejected at $78. Seems like no one's having luck with this hotel at whatever target price these days! Maybe they don't like all the strategizing going on in the online forum communities??

Am planning to take your advice book Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel @ $125 USD as cancellable back up. Will continue using your PRICELINE link. THX!

meemster

Maybe they don't like all the strategizing going on in the online forum communities??

Not likely, i think the revenue manager have other things to do than looking at bid amounts at forums and re-adjust rates for PRICELINE :)

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link :) and good luck with your next round!

Just let us know if you need any additional help.

Yellowdog.

Your advice has been so helpful... thx. Will let you know if any success thru your PRICELINE link and will keep trying up to my dates for the 3.5* Buffalo Amherst Marriott.

For now have booked park n fly directly thru Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport for $114 + tax = $128 as cancellable back up (breakfast starts at 4:30 am, parking for 14 days!). Just hope that airport shuttle is reliable!

I checked the Sleep Inn Buffalo on tripadvistor, the reviews are not bad, except for the shuttle, where some people complained. Worst case scenario, based on close it is from the airport, it would probably only cost a few dollars for a ride.

My strategy is to keep trying, I am now willing to go up to 70.00, but I'll wait until closer...

Leite, I agree with your strategy. Have booked a reservation as back up only and can cancel it anytime, as per forum adisors (THX GUYS!).

I went with Sleep Inn since the price/ratings ratio was ok for me, and I was impressed with them on the phone. I actually need 9.5 days parking, so would be looking at $70 parking at BNIA Long Term B. So $114 + tax = $128 seemed like a reasonably good deal from Sleep Inn for 1 night + up to 14 days parking (they were out of rooms so have upgraded us to 2 doubles + pull out sofa "suite" and waived the extra $20 fee). Pool/hot tub/breakfast.

Also, when I called my 1st choice, Fairfield Inn, they informed me that all the Marriott properties with park n fly options in the area had no availability for my dates (Sept 17 stay, park Sept 18-26). Couldn't tell me what was going on though (football games? area concerts? weddings?). Are you going for similar dates?

So my plan is to keep bidding up to my max of $75 for the Buffalo-Amherst Marriott 3.5* and see what happens. Hopefully they don't change their park'n'fly inclusion between now and my dates and I'll get the deal I'm going for via this forum's PRICELINE link! Good luck to us both!

Oh, and thx for the tip re reviews on the Sleep Inn shuttle. I do read the tripadvisor reviews, but with a grain of salt. There are a lot of whingers out there. I'm just staying for one night and wherever we land we'll be fine. Just hoping to land somewhere a little cheaper via PRICELINE!! Fingers crossed for us all! I think i just got an update via HOTWIRE that prices have dropped a bit for my dates so there is hope.... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Rejected again at $75 today.

Same strategy: started bidding for 3.5*at $60 and kept adding zones and increasing by $3 increments to $75.

Seems like price on HOTWIRE has come down to around $118 for this property so betting that I'll have better luck closer to the date. Will keep using this site's PRICELINE links and keep you updated.

My max per night is around $80/night. Otherwise I'll just stay at Sleep Inn (reserved as per advice via this forum) for $114 + tax for park n fly. Will keep trying via this site's PRICELINE link and let you know if I have any luck. Maybe there is just no inventory that night, but will gamble that rooms may be released to PL closer to my dates. Thanks so much!

Meemster,

You and I are still on the same boat.

There's hope as recently someone got the Marriot for 60.00 for September 1st.

I was looking into the "Sleep In" but found out on a different forum about "La Quinta". If you go to their website and check the hotel in Buffalo, you will see they have a park and fly rate with code STAYGO. On my date (Nov 8th), it costs 83.00 + taxes. The reviews on tripAdvisor are decent, so I will probably use them as my backup in case the Marriot doesn't work.

It includes shuttle and breakfast.

Hope this helps.

Hi Leite & thx for the great tip. Lucky you... for my dates La Quinta is $130+tax for parkNfly/STAYGO. I had heard of them in my search and so I opted for Sleep Inn as they had the best parkNfly rate for my dates. I guess my Fri nite stay is in high demand for some as yet unknown reason! I really appreciate your tip anyhow, and hopefully it may help someone else out! I'm going to keep trying for the Amherst Marriott via this site's PRICELINE link to see if I can name a better rate and take adv of the free pkg while we're in Fla. GOOD LUCK, Leite and I'll watch to see if you get your deal!

SUCCESS!!!!!!

For a few wks, have been starting at $62 and adding $3/zone for 3/5* in Amherst & Buffalo area. Today when I started I immediately got a counter offer for $78 after 1st bid, so knew today was the day! Decided to go with incr of $2/zone and was accepted at $74 (see below).

Will cancel backup reservation at Sleep Inn and keep fingers x'd for free park n fly at this Marriott (as reported all over this forum and the rest of the web) while we are in Orlando. I would pay $80 for 10 days parking at BUF airport, so for me, the room cost is effectively $13.60. Can't complain!

Buffalo Niagara Marriott

1340 Millersport Hwy

Buffalo, NY 14221

716-689-6900

Check-In: Friday, September 17, 2010-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Saturday, September 18, 2010-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $74.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $74.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $19.60 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $93.60 (USD)

THANKS ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP & ADVICE. Will continue using your PRICELINE links at top of page for booking travel.

(and pls chg title of thread for me!)

CONGRATS!!!!

Please let us know when you come back wht you did from breakfast while at marriot.

And please confirm they did allow park and fly. As you said, all reports over the web (and 2 calls I placed to the hotel) indicate tht they don't have a specific park and fly rate and that any booking outside of the hote's own booking system qualifies for their parking and van.

CONGRATS!!!!

Please let us know when you come back wht you did from breakfast while at marriot.

And please confirm they did allow park and fly. As you said, all reports over the web (and 2 calls I placed to the hotel) indicate tht they don't have a specific park and fly rate and that any booking outside of the hote's own booking system qualifies for their parking and van.

we have been told many times that if you book on priceline you can park there for free and get a shuttle to the airport no charge

Hi Leite, FYI, I did confirm directly with the hotel that I'll be allowed to park there until we return (they actually said "indefinitely!) so not at all worried about that, even tho it's our 1st at flying out of Buffalo. As far as breakfast goes (NB/ we are not huge breakfast eaters) and I figure with the money I'm saving flying out of BUF instead of YYZ and the savings via PRICELINE (link at top of page) & with the help of this forum, I'll just buy whatever we need (likely only coffee/fruit/yogurt) from the airport in the am after we get dropped off by the hotel shuttle. We're only going to Orlando so will be there by 10am and can eat on that end when we're starved. Other than that, will likely just bring a couple granola bars in purse and that's that! Good luck with you're bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]