Priceline Hotel: Buffalo (Amherst) 3.5*

abridgel
By abridgel,
in

Wife and I are flying out of buffalo on Aug 1st and would like to stay at the Mariott in Amherst as I hear parking is $1 a night and they have a shutte to and from the airport.

Looking to pay around 60 bucks as it will cost 50 bucks to park at Buffalo airport for the week.

The Mariott is the only 3.5* in Amherst.

Tried a bid at $65 today and it was rejected

How would you know if the hotel is fully booked for your date? I went to the website and tried to search availability for my date but they said they had none.

Is this trustworthy? Or do they always hold some rooms back?

Most properties do not hold back rooms as they're objective is to try to maximize revenue and empty rooms don't add to the bottom line.

A hotel may hold back 1-2 rooms 'just in case' to handle and special circumstances which arise... a room becomes unusable and they need to re-assign a guest, they want to accommodate mega-loyal users with high status in their chain who may want a room at the last minute, etc, etc. However, if such a situation is warranted then it is indicative of high demand, and the hotel will not likely be looking to give rooms to the opaque suppliers and deeply discounted rates... there is no need to discount if they're able to sell all/most of their rooms on their own.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure if this is the particular Quality Inn, but just a warning on the tripadvisor reviews (at this link), which look pretty negative. The Best Western Inn at the Airport and Clarion Airport also offer park and fly rates for not much more and get at least somewhat better reviews.

Please use the links in the site's Support/Travel section. if you go with a new reservation for this trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]