Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (La Defense-Neuilly) Sofitel La Defense

aralos1999
By aralos1999,
in

I've been bidding since the beginning of July for 9/24/10 to 10/02/10 (8 nights) at around $120, sometime as high as $140, but Priceline keeps coming back "Select a Hotel" and no offer to rebid. Finally decided this morning to split the bid into 2. First bid at La Defense - Neuilly at $120 and got accepted immediately. Was offered to extend stay, so I added the addiitonal days to 10/02/10. $120 was not accepted, but was offered $171 to extend, since I didnt really want to switch hotel midway through the stay, so I accpeted the $171 offer. Current price at Sofitel site is $355 per night.

In summary:

9/24/10 to 9/28/10 @ $120 (1st bid)

9/28/10 to 10/02/10 @ 171 (extend the stay)

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Priceline Hotel List

Can you please post your 9/28/10 to 10/02/10 @ 171 stay in a separate topic so this can appear in borards Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

• 4 weeks later...

There are two hotels in the La Defense area that can carry the name "Sofitel".

1 - 34 cours michelet, 92060 PARIS LA DEFENSE, FRANCE

2 - 11 Avenue De L, La Defense 6 Cedex, 92081, Paris Pullman (formerly Sofitel)

#2 was a Sofitel, but was purchased by Pullman. It still comes up in searches with Sofitel on its name though.

Maybe you could check the address and post back here as to which one you really won? While one can walk from one to the other, they are a full Metro stop away from each other. Speaking from experience, since I first went to the wrong one a few months ago.

Romelle

There are two hotels in the La Defense area that can carry the name "Sofitel".

1 - 34 cours michelet, 92060 PARIS LA DEFENSE, FRANCE

2 - 11 Avenue De L, La Defense 6 Cedex, 92081, Paris Pullman (formerly Sofitel)

#2 was a Sofitel, but was purchased by Pullman. It still comes up in searches with Sofitel on its name though.

Maybe you could check the address and post back here as to which one you really won? While one can walk from one to the other, they are a full Metro stop away from each other. Speaking from experience, since I first went to the wrong one a few months ago.

Romelle

Romelle,

I can confirm that it is the Sofitel Paris La Defense located at 34 cours michelet. I also emailed the hotel directly to confirm my PL reservation and made a request for a non-smoking room and early check-in. They have replied back and confirmed the reservation is in order. I was a bit surprised that I got his hotel since it is rated a 5* in PL regular booking site booking.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]