Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Downtown-SoHo) Holiday Inn Soho

compubit
By compubit,
in

Right now I'm planning on going to NYC September 15-17 (Wed & Thurs night). I know it's "higher" season than August - so I'm having a trip "struggle"...

Do I:

a) Spend the $300 per night for NYC?

:) Spend $159 per night at a hotel I'm familiar with, but has a shared bath?

c) Spend $275 per night in Hoboken/Jersey City?

d) Spend $90 per night in Newark?

e) Go someplace else like Pittsburgh or Cleveland? (Catch some baseball...)

I've been to New York many times, so it's not like I'd "miss" it if I didn't go. I'd want to catch a Mets game in NY, so Newark wouldn't be preferred, since it'd be a very late night...

I'll be in Philly the 17-19 for the marathon and have some flexibility right now with booking airfare on Southwest... Baltimore/DC is out - Been there/do that annually; Red Sox are out of town, so that takes Boston out of the mix...

Of course, I'll search and book through the HOTWIRE link (like I have been doing for my last few trips - Boy do I like Hotwire!)

Thoughts?

Jim

Most of the above questions are really of a personal choice regarding budget, destination, etc. but i'll give my thoughts if i were in your shoes...

$300 is a LOT of money for a hotel room... as you've been to NYC before i would return during a lower priced season, use this opportunity to try some place new where the weather would be nice this time of year: Boston, Pittsburgh and Cleveland are probably fine too, especially if you have a desire to see these two cities (since you mentioned them specifically). Vegas might not be too hot by mid-September (doublecheck average temperatures) and i know Southwest flies there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding, searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I bit the bullet, and saw some drops and figured now was the best time to go ahead and set everything (see previous post on September NY Travel Philosophy).

While $219 is more that I had wanted to spend, based on the site, I figured out which hotel it was, and based on the time of year, I can't see it going much lower (except maybe 1-2 days out...). The hotel has access to 3 sets of subway lines within 1-2 blocks (N-Q-R-W, 6, J-M-Z).

Amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

And of course, I used the HOTWIRE link to get the room.

Only have Vegas and Denver left to book this year!

Jim

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]