Priceline Hotel: priceline NYC 8/6-8/18

sephora
By sephora,
in

I would think there would be many more possibilities than just these you've mentioned... what did you do to narrow it down to these three?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link in our support page if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I've just made a comparison between the secret hotel and others 3* hotels, and I think that it could be the Jolly Madison Tower because they have the same user rating and the same lenght of "bars" under Taveler Ratings. I'm pretty new about these secret things so I don't know how really know the hotel. :)

About the Priceline question I was looking for a 3* (and up) hotel in these zone

New York City (Times Square - Theatre District)

New York City (Midtown West)

New York City (Upper East Side)

New York City (Upper West Side)

New York City (Midtown East)

New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention)

New York City (Empire State Building)

So I think all the zones LOL, only ecception for the Central Park South, in which I'd love to be but there is the Hudson hotel, which has very small rooms. You know I'll stay for 12 nights so I'd like to have more space. :)

Thanks!

At the 3* level i would also caution the USW and USE zone as they can go pretty far north, perhaps further from Central then you want to be. Also, since you know about the Hudson, i assume you're fine with the Millennium UN in the MTE zone?

If you're ready to begin bidding let us know about the zones and your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too. Please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

thanks for you advice about the UWS and UES, I haven't think about that.

mmm....I don't know if there're some problem about the Millenium UN, I've read some reviews on Tripadvisor and It seems a good hotel...or am I missing something?

I've a very low budget for NYC "standards", which is max 150$ per night x 12 days....I know it can be hard, but It's worth a try. :)

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I don't know if there're some problem about the Millenium UN, I've read some reviews on Tripadvisor and It seems a good hotel...or am I missing something?... Any advice would be appreciated.

AaronJB has highlighted the issue with Millennium UN... it's a hotel which gets good reviews, but it's ~15 minute walk to the subway. For some that's fine... for others it's too far.

Let us know what you decide regarding the PRICELINE zones (not just MTE... but UES and UWS too) and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks AaronJB and thereuare...I've just checked with Google maps and it's far from the subaway....so, probably I shouldn't bid for the MTE.

However, what strategy do you suggest? I'm not familiar with those bidding things. :)

Another thing, I know I have to add taxes (14,75% + 3,5$ at night)...but how much are the priceline fees?

Thanks!!! :)

So narrowing your previous list, there are now the acceptable zones:

Times Square

MTW

MSG

ESB

Not bidding:

MTE

CPS

What about or did you decide with:

UES

UWS

Downtown (you never mentioned previously)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

So to summarize at this point you're looking for a 3* or better in the TS, MTW, MSG, or ESB zones... if that fails up to your limit then then you'll try again while including UWS?

If the above is correct, at the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and MTW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and TS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and MSG...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and MTW and TS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

This may sound like a newbie question, but when you are bidding in the method above is it:

select 3*TS, bid $95, if rejected

add MTW, bid $100, if rejected

close browser, open link,

select 3* MSG, bid $95, if rejected

add ESB, bid $100, if rejected,

end of today's bidding.

Start again the next day with MSG and TW as noted above?

I'm in a similar situation and have the following: MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, ESB, and Soho. Sorry to semi-hijack, but I figured I'd post here since it's so similar.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]