Hotwire Hotel: ID help

kellysmom
By kellysmom,
in

Is the 3.5* above in the NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast zone? If so, this is a match for the Hotel Indigo so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I just read your post to another topic and wonder if the Palomar or Amalfi would be good for my Sept. dates (9/4-9/8)? I need two beds and a great safe location. Having grown up in Chicago I am looking forward to spending a few nights in the city, something I could rarely do when visiting family in the burbs on my previous trips. I have family staying at The Whitehall at the same time I am in town so I want to be walking distance to them.

Both are excellent choices, but both are considerably more expensive during these dates - the Amalfi is $161 and the Palomar is $231.

Sutton Place for $155 (30% off on Expedia) would be a somewhat more reasonable boutique deal within very easy distance - a few short blocks/a *very* quick walk - from the Whitehall.

The Amalfi is right near the river; while it would be a pretty good trek, it wouldn't be terrible, just not nearly as close as the Sutton.

A couple of boutique options just over the river in the Loop would be the new Doubletree Wit ($149) and the well-reviewed Monaco ($151, another Kimpton property, like the Palomar.) Neither offer the bonuses of the Amalfi, though. The Palomar is supposed to be an excellent property - I haven't stayed there yet, but I think in terms of regular rates, there's just a lot of other options at the $150-160 neighborhood.

Thank you for using the site's Expedia.com link and do use the RELAX10 coupon for $10 off.

This would likely be the Sheraton, which I wasn't particularly fond of (personally) when I stayed there - I found it to be a large, rather bland convention property with iffy service. However, I will say that the property is in a very nice location not far from the lake and some rooms do have some pretty decent views of the surrounding area. Personally, in terms of getting a lower rate for a 4* property, I would rather try to go lower ($80-85) for a 4* in the River North-NMA area; you may still get the Sheraton - but at least at a lower rate.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything on Travelocity's "Top Secret" area; the regular rate deals for 4*'s mentioned above are more compelling (both from a price and hotel perspective) than what I'm seeing on the Travelocity area for these dates.

You could also split your stay 2/2 if you want to try a couple of different properties.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to take a deal with included parking. The rest of my party booked through HOTWIRE and now have to pay $48 per night parking. I found a deal at their hotel with parking included for $20 more than they are paying er night so I am going to go with it. It also guarantees me two beds and no smoking which I need since I am traveling with a friend.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could share the deal that you decided upon, as it could help others. Additionally, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share the HOTWIRE details of the purchase your friends made (as the information could also help others looking for the same date.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]