Priceline Hotel: Travel advice for Oak Brook 7/22/10-7/23/10

DATnTX
By DATnTX,
in

I'm new to this and I headed to the Oak Brook area for a business meeting. Would like a 3* or better property. What is a good starting point as well as any pointers for the properties in this area? I will not have a car so it would be good if there are several eating places within walking distance. If there is something near the Oakbrook Center Mall that would even be better.

I'm new to this and I headed to the Oak Brook area for a business meeting. Would like a 3* or better property. What is a good starting point as well as any pointers for the properties in this area? I will not have a car so it would be good if there are several eating places within walking distance. If there is something near the Oakbrook Center Mall that would even be better.

First off, you should go to the Illinois Section of the Board. You can look in the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE hotel lists for Illinois, and just browse down to the Oak Brook/Downers Grove list. You'll see which hotels have been won at which star levels in that area.

I think your next move would be to plug in your date and Oak Brook in HOTWIRE (use the link on the upper left corner of a Better Bidding page!), and see what comes up. I'm seeing a 4 1/2 * for $77 that night. I believe that's the Westin Lombard Yorktown Ctr., which is near restaurants, and they'll also provide a shuttle for you to nearby stuff.

You would want to avoid the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, which some people really like but you'd end up taking a lot of taxis.

And I suggest posting your questions (after you've done the little bit of research) in the Illinois section of this forum, where you'll get the attention of the Chicago-area experts here.me serious experts).

Oh, hm. I've just been assuming that the Oak Brook you're talking about is the one SW of Chicago, but there might be a dozen Oak Brooks in the US!

Good morning, and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

As mentioned above, are you driving? If not, it may be a little difficult and/or time consuming to get around in the 'burbs, depending on where you are going.

What would be your desired budget for hotel for the night? The Oak Brook/Downers Grove area offers a wide variety of hotels, HOTWIRE, for example, is showing a 4.5* in the Oak Brook-Downers Grove-Lombard area for $78 (likely the Westin) and a 3* for $52, as well as a 3.5* for $64.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]