Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) L Enfant Plaza Hotel

gallinaa
By gallinaa,
in

Hi everyone!

I'm new to bidding on hotels with PRICELINE, but I'm looking for a 3* hotel for August 1-5. My husband and I are going to DC to do the Smithsonian Museums, however neither of us have ever been there. I was thinking that my best bet for being near these museums would be the Convention Center - Capitol Hill area. I was wondering if others thought that this was the best area to bid in. We will be driving to DC however don't really want to drive around once we get there.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to being able to post my progress!

Allison :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The museums are located in the Convention Center zone, but if budget is a factor you may also want to consider the other downtown areas (Dupont Circle and/or the Whilte House zones) as DC has a very good metro system and there are plenty of stops near the Smithsonian.

Let us know regarding the zone, as well as your maximum budget, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice.

I got 3* - L'Enfant Plaza Hotel in the White House - Dupont Circle Zone for $70 per night from August 1 - August 5, 2010.

I originally bid $55 for 3* in CC/CH zone and was rejected, I changed my dates to 7/31 - August 4 and rebid in the same zone, same star level for $65 and rejected again. So I changed my dates back to 8/1 - 8/5 and added WH/DC zone and bid at $70 and received L'Enfant Plaza.

My goal was to stay at $70 or below so parking wouldn't be such a burden to our budget, so we're very happy with this price, and the WH/DC Zone was our 2nd choice if we couldn't get CC/CH in our budget.

Thank you everyone for making my first Priceline experience go so well, I would have been very confused if I hadn't come here first, and I used your PRICELINE link!

Allison

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]