Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Chelsea-MSG) Wyndham Fashion 26 Hotel

spindoctor518
By spindoctor518,
in

New to BB.com and to Priceline as well. I need to book 3 rooms for 2 nights each Sept 29th and 30th in NYC. Prefer a 4*. Does PL.com take into consideration the fact that you're looking for 3 rooms? When bidding, do you enter your bid "per room" or are you to bid amount ur willing to pay for all 3 rooms per night (hope this makes sense)? If they do take into account you want multiple rooms, what should I expect to pay for three 4* rooms near Times Sqare in late September? thx.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to access each respective site.

Please click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread... we'll then take a look at rates for your dates above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

September is an expensive time of year in NYC and i'm guessing at the moment that you're likley looking at mid/high $200's for a 4* hotel in midtown... perhaps low/mid-$200's for a 3.5*. I'd of course start lower, and with multiple zones you're bidding, and re-bid zones (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) available, it should be easy to start lower and increase as you go.

What is your expected budget/maximum bid (per nite per room) for this stay? Are you looking to begin bidding now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Went with the HOTWIRE lead for 3 rooms and got the Fashion 26 Wyndham for $235/nite (287.18 total with charges) on 9/30.

Also, needed one additional room on 9/29 and quick re-entered same info on HOTWIRE and got same rate for that room as well.

Used the BetterBidding.com HOTWIRE link.

Reserved a back-up (which I'll cancel) at the Thompson LES for $349/nite so.... :)

Not sure how to flip this over to the HOTWIRE NYC forum???

Thanks for the help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you were able to get the same hotel for the one additional nite you needed.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link on the board and sharing your results, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]