AZ Phoenix Crowne Plaza Airport

imagine
By imagine,
in

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Crowne Plaza. It looks like they've finished the remodel and now it's a very nice hotel. The lobby is gorgeous and comfortable. Our flight arrived in Phoenix late and we had a hard time finding the hotel (we were tired and Mapquest wasn

• 1 month later...

I'm a 35 year old guy with pretty mild expectations (compared with the mrs). Stayed here for 4 nights last week - early April 05 - with some buddies.

No complaints about the value. Only paid $60/night.

Only 2 things they could improve on -

1. The free shuttle FROM the airport took too long so I just jumped in a cab. It's only a $10 ride.

2. The front desk staff are nice enough, but not very helpful or apologetic when things go wrong. No biggie, though.

I think this place used to be the Holiday Inn.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

The staff is professional. Two months ago, Zeinab welcomed me back and commented it had been a while since I had stayed with them. Being a Priority Club member, I have had no problems being upgraded to the executive floors at no extra charge. No mention of Priceline.

The sleep hygiene package is a nice amenity. The first time I stayed with them, I was returning from a microbiology conference in Orlando. In Orlando, a lightening storm shut down the airport. We could not disembark from the plane due to the lightening. We were stuck in the plane for a couple of hours with no AC. I missed my connecting flight out of Phoenix. The airline company put me in the Crowne Plaza (airport). It was very late by the time my luggage was found and I made it over to the hotel. The front desk associate took one look at my face...exclaimed that I was a distressed passenger and upgraded me to the executive floor. The sleep package includes a relaxing CD, eyemask, ear plugs and lavender linen spray. The bathtub is roomy and nice to soak in with a glass of wine while listening to the CD. There is a CD player in the room.

The executive rooms have a mini fridge, microwave, lock box and cotton robes.

The shampoo and soaps are scented with a light white tea, vetiver and ginger mix. I am not sure however, I believe the toiletries are from the UK. The soaps may be French milled and ecologically responsible.

The furnishings are beginning to show the need for a remodel. Despite this, this hotel is a nice place to stay. During the monsoons, if you can...get a room on a high floor facing the storm. The monsoons in the area can yield terrific squalls and lightening storms from dusk to near midnight. Turn the lights out, soak in the tub (I bring electric candles), fill a glass of wine and relax by the large plate glass windows. The storms are beautiful to behold!

I would recommend this hotel to travelers!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]