Priceline Hotel: 2.5* St Louis (West-Chesterfield) Hilton Grden Inn

cytoguy
By cytoguy,
in

I've been looking for a hotel for the Final Four (at the end of March) since November or so. This place is a bit of a haul from downtown (~20 miles), but all of the hotels that are close to the stadium have been long gone for a while. I had the Hampton Inn Florissant reserved for $109/night, but it was still 15 miles away. After checking Hotwire 2x per day for a few months I finally noticed this place on there last night (listed as a 3* on Hotwire) for $43. I can't remember the exact hotel amenities on Hotwire, as it's no longer available there, but I know that pool, restaurant, fitness center, hi speed internet access, business center and laundry were all there.

My first bid of $37/night was accepted. Hotel rate was $79/night late last night, but it's showing up 'Sold Out' now. Whew, I feel lucky :)

Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/Chesterfield

St. Louis West - Chesterfield

16631 Chesterfield Grove Road

Chesterfield, Missouri 63005

Check-In Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 AM

Your Offer Price: $37.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $185.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$36.86

Total Charges: $221.86

Luckily I was one of the lucky ones who got tickets through the lottery this year. I guess it was worth letting the NCAA "borrow" $2640 for 3 months or so :) Now all I have to do is get a deal on a rental car. Doubtful though, given that compacts are going for more than $60/day now. ..

Thanks thereuare for having such a friendly and inviting board to post my bids on :) I'm sure you don't hear that enough on here...

I guess it's my lucky day :) I just got a rental car for $25/night (overall about $20 less than the total amount for a reservation that I had previously made with Thrifty). I'm sure that I could have done better if I waited until they lowered car rates at the last minute, but now I don't have to keep checking rates every day, and making bids every week :)

I've noticed in the past that when you make a hotel reservation on Priceline that the "Add a Rental Car" daily rates constantly change. When I originally got the hotel confirmation the cars were all over $60/day. I just checked the confirmation for the St. Louis hotel again (when I won a Priceline hotel for Boston), and here's what it gave me:

Compact Car - $67/day

Full-size Car - $71/day

Standard - $27/day

Economy Car - $66/day

So, I underbid the Standard rate by $2/day and it was accepted:

Standard (unlimited mileage)

St. Louis

Alamo Rent a Car

St. Louis Intl.

10124 Natural Bridge

St. Louis, MO 63134

Pick-Up Date and Time:

Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 8:00 PM

Drop-Off Date and Time:

Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 5:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $25.00

Total Rental Days: 5

Subtotal: $125.00

Taxes & Fees: $41.35

Total Charges: $166.35

I'll post this as a separate thread on the Rental cars board too, but wanted to attach it here just in case anyone else is going to the Final Four too :o

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]