Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Servies

Children's Activity Program

Is there any way to tell if this is the Sheraton or the Hyatt? We would be happy at the Sheraton but stayed at the Hyatt before and hated the beach there (or lack of).

Thanks for any insight.

This is a match for previous reports of Sheraton Maui Hotel. The only thing that separates them (Hyatt) is the Smoke Free icon. And both have 4/5 on tripadvisor. So if Hyatt not have added a smoke free icon would this be Sheraton.

Do you know if the Hyatt is smoke free? I can't find any information about this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

According to the Maui Hyatt's "fact sheet", 736 rooms are nonsmoking out of 806 rooms. So I guess that means it's not entirely non-smoking. Do we know if anyone has gotten the Hyatt when selecting a room with a non-smoking symbol? I was concerned since on the hotel list amenities, it said the Hyatt & Sheraton have same amenities. Did Sheraton just recently go smoke-free?

Thanks for your help!

If you look at the Hotwire Hotel List the Sheraton has TWO different set of amenities icons associated with this... the first listing is without a Smoke Free icon, and this is the one with the note appended to it which matches the Hyatt. The second listing has a Smoke Free icon, and this amenity combination does not match the Hyatt (thus no "same as..." comments under the listing)

In other words, as of the last known reports (which can change at any time)... with the Smoke Free it's a match for the Sheraton... without the Smoke Free is matches both the Hyatt and the Sheraton and could be either one.

Hope that clarifies it.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After bidding unsuccessfully for the Marriott Wailea up to $110 and being rejected, we decided to try for the Sheraton in Kaanapali (preferring it but ok with the other 2 resorts up there). I bid $175 after seeing wins in the $180-190 range and seeing it on HOTWIRE (most likely) for $219/night, and was accepted immediately. We added on a 3rd night at same price. We'll enjoy the snorkeling and pampering of a resort after starting our trip in a condo in Kihei. :)

Anyone know if it makes more sense to ask for Starwood preferred room upgrades by phone now or when we arrive?

Thanks so much for this great site! We booked it through your PRICELINE link, of course.:)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that this property should work well for your plans.

I would call the hotel and ask them to add your starwood number to the reservation 'for any incidentals' that you incur during your stay. There computer will automatically identify your status with the chain so that the check-in clerk sees it at check-in, and at that time i would inquire as to any updates which may be available due to your status with the chain (as starwood upgrades are subject to availability at check-in so i don't think you would gain anything by asking now)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]