Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Kimberly Hotel

slazman
By slazman,
in

It has been a couple of years since I did any Priceline bidding? I need some bidding advice for a three night NYC stay checking in on 7th September 2010. Have previously stayed in Midtown so would prefer MTE or MTW.

Looking to try for 4* - is $200 per night viable? Would look at 3.5* if not.

Any of your usual excellent guidance would be most appreciated.

Welcome back to BetterBidding! :)

Besides MTE, and MTW, are other midtown areas, such as CPS, ESB, and/or TS also acceptable?

Your budget may be tight for a 4* hotel (so including the other areas may help) but let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't say your budget wasn't realistic... i said it may be a little tight meaning that it has a chance, but it'll be close. Let's try bidding up to $200 at the 4* level first and if rejected we'll take it from there:

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* CPS, TS, MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, ESB, TS, MTE and MTW...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have changed our plans to travel one week later and are looking at 14th September for three nights. I cannot change the thread subject and don't want to be misleading to others ... can the moderators do this for me or do you recommend I start a new thread.

Have just bid up to $200 for a 4* in the previously identified target zones and had no success. Looking at a successful thread around this time and taking into account your advice I accept this may be too low for September. I would be happy to up my next bid to $230 (still for 4*) if you think I would be nearer the mark, as I would like to finalise plans as soon as possible. Any thoughts?

You can try up to $230 but i think it will still be a difficult win at that level.

Since you're changing the dates, if your plans are flexible, i would think you'd be more likely to be successful if you moved your dates back one week to 8/31-9/3 rather than forward to 9/14, if that is possible.

Unfortunately 14th September for 3 nights it has to be.

You were right .... but even worse, I bid up to $255 today for 4* with no success.

We will have to look at 3.5* (or even 3*) so can you help with a bidding strategy for this? Also I have posted on the Hotwire thread as an alternative ... hope it's OK to have 2 threads running.

Having failed on Priceline to get a 4* for 14th September for 3 nights, there is a 3.5* Midtown Central on Hotwire for $266 per night.

Restuarant, Business Centre and High Speed Internet are shown as amenities. Any thoughts what this could be? (although I guess the amenities are pretty common)

I have a result! (but you will need to move this back to the Priceline forum!)

With the Hotwire property MTC 3.5 star @ $266 a real possibility if I ws going to get this closed off this week end, I decided to go back to PRICELINE and bid on 3.5* in the hope I could shave a bit off the price (one last try).

The good news is I got the 3.5* Kimberley Hotel in MTE for $240 per night for 3 nights from 9/14 . Tripadvisor feedback looks encouraging.

Many thanks for all your assistance and guidance on this one. Looking forward to our stay in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]