Priceline Hotel: Help with Chicago Downtown are hotel for 7/8-7/10

zzk9xr
By zzk9xr,
in

Need help on whihc * hotel to bid on for Chicago downtown area near

all the tourist attraction, specailly Navy peir.

Travel date - 7/8-7/10

As it is downtown want to make sure that parking is included for what ever * hotel I get hopefully 3* and better.

Max bid = $80-$90

Have 2 boys 11 & 8 with me, so any suggestions for area attractions, any "waterparks" in the hotels ???

Thanks

Ketan

Good afternoon.

Unfortunately, no hotels in downtown Chicago offer free parking; the cheapest option is to park in a city lot, such as the one at Navy Pier (which is $20-25 per day.)

Given that Priceline only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy, I'd suggest HOTWIRE instead. When searching for 2 adults/2 children on HOTWIRE for 7/8-10, I see a 3.5* in the Mag Mile-Streeterville area with the amenities fitness, business, restaurant, internet and pool for $88. This would likely be the Doubletree Mag Mile, which is around the corner from a gigantic multiplex and bowling alley (both housed within the same complex.) Navy Pier is also right nearby, although I'd highly suggest going up to Lincoln Park Zoo instead, as that's a great (and free) zoo.

Staying in the suburbs would be cheaper and offer free parking, but it would be a matter of either driving downtown or driving to the nearest Metra station (and the two-level Metra trains are very nice) and then taking the Metra downtown. There are a few family friendly activities in the suburbs.

A couple of hotels in the far suburbs offer waterparks, but none in the city do.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I still would prefer bidding on PRICELINE. I would like to stay near Navy Pier and park in the hotel parking or local, do you know how much is hotels

parking. Also do the local lots allow over night parking.

Also to stay near Navy peir which area or areas in the Priceline "map" I have to bid for.

For the HOTWIRE option for $88/night was the parking included. If PRICELINE fails tonight I will go with HOTWIRE

TX

Ketan

Most local lots allow overnight parking. Hotel parking downtown is about $30-55, although most hotels charge $40-50.

Parking is not included in HOTWIRE or PRICELINE rates.

Navy Pier is in the River North-NMA zone. Please let us know what you decide and if you would like a bidding strategy. Rates for these dates don't appear too high. You may be able to get a 3.5* in this zone for approximately $65-70, and a 4* for approx. $75-85.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]