Priceline Hotel: Hotel 9/25-9/28

yankeegirl125
By yankeegirl125,
in

Hello!

I have been trying to bid on a hotel in NYC for September 25-28 for several days now, and I'm starting to run out of patience! I would like to keep the bid at $140/night and under. I have tried 3.5* and higher in lots of different combinations for Downtown/Soho, MTE, MTW and TS... I would prefer to be in MTE, MTW or TS.

Is this realistic? I've been trying to figure out the whole free rebid zone thing and I'm just confused! How do I know which zones are the free rebid ones? I've read the strategies that have been suggested to others but it has still left me confused. I've used the PRICELINE links that you have put in your posts each time, too.

Any help would be great!

THANK YOU!

How to determine your re-bid zones is detailed in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR such re-bid zones. See if you can figure them out based upon the above info, or if you read the above and are still confused, just post back and break it down further for you.

More specifically regarding your bidding, a 3.5* hotel for $145 for this time of year may be a bit of a stretch... what is the best rate you're able to find at a 3.5* or higher thru conventional booking channels?

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yay :)

$145/night would be my preference... ideal zones would be: MTW, MTE, TS, DT/Soho, ESB, MSG for a 3.5* or 4*

I like the CPS zone but only for a 4* as I don't want to get The Hudson hotel (the rooms are too claustrophobic!)

i feel like i've tried a lot of combinations, but it's coming up empty.

i may need to look for a 3* hotel...

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW, MTE, TS, DT, ESB, CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Although i'll add i don't think you have much of a chance with a $145/nite budget... porbably not for a 3.5* either and maybe not for 3* too.

If the above is rejected and you want to try for a 3.5*, i understand you don't want the CPS zone, but is the MTE zone still acceptable (with, for example, the Millenium UN which is a bit too far east for some... acceptable for others)

Do you have a back-up plan for this stay should you continue to be rejected with PRICELINE (at the 3* or higher level)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am searching priceline for the same general dates Sept. 28 - Oct. 2 and have had no luck on 4* (Bid up to $200) and 3.5*(Bid up to $165). Looking in the ESB, MTW, MTE, TS, CP areas. I thought I'd let you all know, let's keep each other posted so we can save some time in the process. I'll probably start bidding on 3* soon. I have bid now 4 days in a row.

STLman

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]