Priceline Hotel: Does anyone know what the 1* in Banff Alberta Is?

Bambie1
By Bambie1,
in

I'm trying to find a place in Banff alberta (not canmore or lake louise) as we are at a wedding and want only a short cab ride home to our hotel room after the festivities. on Aug 19-21st

I've tried bids of $50 for a 3, 2.5 and 2 star hotel... then upped it the next day to $56 again for 3, 2.5 and reduced it to $52 for the *2.

Tomorrow I plan on upping it to $60 as with taxes and fees it is going over $140 for the 2 night which is really the top of our price limit.

However apparently in banff there are a few 1*'s and i'm wondering if anyone has any clue what hotels they are. I dont mind if its a plain but decent place ( like a super 8) but would like to know which hotels i could be getting so i can look them up on the net before bidding.

Thanks for any help.

Jen

(i've been using your PRICELINE link :) )

Rates are anywhere from $100 - $300 per night depending on the star level. It is an expensive place to stay however it looks like others have had luck in the past getting reasonable rates when i searched "Banff " on better bidding I just hope that a bid will be accepted soon.

Hotwire has a 2.5 star at $79 per night and Travelocity has one of their top secret hotels at 90 per night for a *3.

I've rebid to $62 per night without luck on the 3*, 2.5* and 2*.

:)

trying $65 tomorrow.

Jen

It is an expensive place to stay however it looks like others have had luck in the past getting reasonable rates when i searched "Banff " on better bidding I just hope that a bid will be accepted soon.

Summer is peak season for this area. If you look closely at the reported wins, most of the sub-$100 bids have been won for dates in September thru June... July and August are usually $100+.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding. (or our Travelocity link should you go that route)

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]