Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Hyatt Regency

meckiemesser
By meckiemesser,
in

hi,

i'm looking for a 4* hotel in toronto, traveldates are 08/23/10 - 08/27/10,

downtown south would be my prefered area!

i would really need some advice where to start my bidding, because i don't realy have a clue what price will be accepted. :)

if i would have to bid more than 95$, i'd rather go for a 3* instead, in DT south as well!

kind regards! :)

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown South...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected we'll revise to try again at the 3.5* level (assuming that is your next desired step, as opposed to the 3* level you mention above)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid up all the way to 91$ - even that got rejected.

No counter offer either!

Do you know why I don't get a bargain like so many others? Is it the month we are travelling?

If I decide to go for a 3 1/2* hotel, do you have a clue what hotel I might win? Unfortunately I can't find any 3 1/2* hotels on your list!

kind regards!

HOTWIRE is currently showing a 3.5* for your dates for $89. This is most probably the Delta Chelsea. Although definitely not a 4*, it is a very nice, extremely large, upper-end 3.5*. It's in a great location, just a block north of the Eaton Centre, right off Yonge Street. It has two pools (one adult and one family with a waterslide!!), and several restaurants on-site. Also, if you join the FREE Delta Privilege program, you can get priority check-in and a good chance of a room upgrade, even with HOTWIRE and PRICELINE wins (just be sure to call the hotel after your win to add your membership number to the reservation)!!

If this sounds good and you want to try to get an even better deal using PRICELINE, switch to "Downtown NORTH" and go for a 3.5* starting around $60 and add re-bid zones going up to your maximum (for 3.5*, I believe there are eight re-bid zones). I'm pretty sure your offer will be accepted by the Delta Chelsea. Of course, as with all PRICELINE bidding, that's not a guarantee, as hotels being offered can always change, and you could be upgraded to a 4* in the zone, but I think it's a safe bet!! Good luck and welcome to Toronto!!

Thanks for the hint with the 3.5* hotwire deal, but unfortunately I don't like what i've seen so far of the Delta Chelsea.

I tried today 101$ for North + South 4*, as well as 85$ South 3.5* and 75$ South 3*.

Got a counter offer at 96$ North 4*, but 101$ wasn't accepted so in the meantime I'm thinking about expanding our maximum bid and go for the 4* Hotwire offer, which might me the Intercontinental on Bloor (was 105$ and is now 112$).

Amenities are : Boutique, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business and High Speed!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were ultimately successful and happy with the hotel and deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]