Priceline Hotel: 5* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum) InterContinental

thesilb
By thesilb,
in

Well, its for 4 rooms so I really need to get this right. I need them April 14 checking out April 17, three nights total. I have been perusing Priceline and Hotwire. I am not adverse to paying some cash, I would like a nice hotel and prefer the Leidseplein, but anywhere within the canals area would be fine.

I see that on PL vacations, there is the Marriott and Renaissance as four stars (plus a few others, but these seem to be the ones which come up at 100 or 102). I also see there is only ONE five star listed - the Intercontinental (I would be thrilled to get this hotel). However there is also the Hilton in that 5* zone and I would be VERY DISAPPOINTED to get that as its WAY outside the canals zone. Hence why i started looking at Hotwire.

I did do some PL bidding already, all rejected:

CC 4* 100 = counter 122, then

CC + free rebid zone 1 5* 100 (just to establish a counter value), counter 219

CC + free rebid zone 2 5* 145, counter 222

CC + free rebid zones 1 and 2 5* 165, counter 222

The good news is, I do not think the 5* Hilton is available my dates. I also confirmed by entering some dates for later this week that the Hilton did appear at vacations, which leads me to believe it IS a hotel which WILL appear on vacations when it is available.

So I may rebid the 5* on Saturday when 72 is up, I could start at 170 and work up to 200 and see if I hit. I expect this would probably be the Interconti?

I could also bid the 4*, but I bet I'm going to get the Renaissance. I say this b/c the Ren will come up at 102 whereas the Marriott always seems to come up at 100. I've never had a successful bid at Marriott at a 100+ level. Since the Marriot is preferred and in the Leidseplein area I desire, I would perhaps bend toward going the 5* route. But gosh, if the Hilton came in at a higher price level than 165 I would just be devaststed.

So I turned to Hotwire. There's a 4.5* for 226. Could it be the Interconti?

Actually got this by splitting my nights and bidding separately, but the net result was a three night stay. $200 was receiving a +25 counter, and $205 was accepted. I believe this is the first time on any board that this property has been listed in a winning bid. Lowest rate on these dates 325 Euros (about $400). So about 50% off.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]