Priceline Hotel: resort LBV questions

auntkrusty
By auntkrusty,
in

No it's not to early. I have been to Orlando several times in early October and it's a great time to go with good deals on hotels.

The Hilton is a problem for many bidders. I like the Hilton. But yes, it's the "lesser" resort, and you can't avoid it when bidding for resorts in this zone. But have you looked at HOTWIRE for your dates? Omni or Gaylord Palms usally have good deals for your dates.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If you bid on PRICELINE in the LBV zone, you will likely get the Hilton DTD (I believe this is the one you are trying to avoid), the Hilton Bonnet Creek (which is a new Hilton property adjacent to the Waldorf Astoria) or the Hyatt Grand Cypress. The Marriott World Center is also a possibility, but seems to come up a lot less frequently than the others. You can avoid the Hilton DTD by bidding in the Disney Maingate Celebration zone and you would likely get the Gaylord Palms or Omni at Champions Gate. You can also check the Hotwire listings in both of these zones under the 4* and 4-1/2* listings as some of these Resorts can be available on HOTWIRE.

I'm sure each of the hotels in this zone has their fans and pans, but if you're trying to target (or avoid) a particular hotel in the zone HOTWIRE can be a better option.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE will usually offer the "add a nite" feature... but there is no assurance that the hotel you win for 3 nites will be available for the next 3 nites.

When trying to add a nite, one of three things will happen:

1) accepted at the same hotel for the same price

2) you'll be told a room is available but at a price higher than your previous win (you'll be given the choice to accept the higher price or not)

3) you'll be told no rooms are available for the additional nites

If you employ a strategy of only purchasing half the nites and extending, you have to be open the possibility that no rooms will be available for the additional nites (or they'll be prohibitively expensive) and you'll need to change hotels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like to bid today or tomorrow for LBV or Maingate resort for Oct. 6-12. I am doing it in advance to take advantage of the $50 off offer that expires June 30. I am thinking of staarting at 60 (actualluay 50 then they add 10 with the special) and using non resort areas to rebid up to 70. Now which area to try for miangate or LBV. Please give advice.

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]