Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) Grand Hyatt

tripmom
By tripmom,
in

I plan to vacation in D.C. May 8-11 with my husband and 6 year old. We will be driving from TN and are looking for a 3 star hotel in a safe area. We want to stay parked for the time we are there and plan to walk and use Metro to get around. Any suggestions for areas and starting bid prices? THANKS!

Hi, there,

We recently stayed in Arlington at the Hyatt and Marriott at around $60 per night. If you stay outside D.C., you may save $10-15 per DAY in self-parking fees alone. The room tax is also cheaper, I think. We were never more than 4 blocks from the Rosslyn Metro (which has 2 lines running to it-- 2x as many trains to catch into D.C.) and we were right across the Potomac from Georgetown. Check my reviews in Arlington VA and see if these hotels might be a good match for you. I think Crystal City might also be a good suburb to research. I'd bid this as soon as my plans were firm, in order to try a lowball. In Arlington, for a 3*, I think you should be able to get it for $55. Check what other people got as well as the reviews in order to give yourself better odds of getting the best place for you!

P.S. Arlington is a high-rent, high-density area. There were always plenty of people around and (by myself with 2 young children) I never felt in danger-- and we really walked around a lot. I think you'll find much more dangerous surroundings in parts of D.C. itself (esp. northwest of the Capitol).

I just won the Grand Hyatt for $85 per night in early May. Here's my bids:

3* $60 Convention Ctr/Capitol Hill - Declined

3* $70 Convention Ctr + White House - Declined

Then changed my dates to May 9-12 and tried

3* $72 Convention Ctr - Declined

3* $75 Convention Ctr + White House - Declined

Went back to first choice of dates May 8-11

4* $80 Dupont Circle/Woodley Park - Declined

and finally won with this:

3* $85 Dupont Circle/Convention Ctr/White House

I am so excited that I got a 4* in my first location choice! And $85 seems like a real deal. I went to the Grand Hyatt website and rooms for my dates are posted at over $300!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]