Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (NMA-River North) Ambassador East

Mugshot
By Mugshot,
in

So, I decided that I wasn't thrilled about the idea of $89 for Whitehall. I went back to Priceline. Previously, I had been searching for hotels in the NMA/Millenium areas at 3.5* and above with no results even when I raised my bid to $95. I decided to lower the star rating to 3* and start at $70 in the NMA zone. I won immediately. It put me in the Ambassador East - not bad, and it's far less than I might have paid, but I've also seen it go for a lot less on here. I wonder how much less I could have paid.

Ambassador is the last thing I expected to receive, too - after running my bidding up to $95 on 3.5*, I got it at $70 in 3*, even though it is shown as 3.5* on the Priceline hotel list. Indeed - Priceline currently rates it at 3*. It will do - I just hope my room doesn't have bedbugs and the A/C works (two complaints I've seen on tripadvisor).

Congrats on your success! :)

This property is in a very nice area just to the North of North Michigan Ave. The hotel was recently bought out and will be turned into a boutique starting later this year.

Oak St beach is just a couple of blocks East, and Lincoln Park zoo is about a 15-17 minute walk North. There's also a Red Line subway station a few blocks West at Clark/Division.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link and for letting us know about the change in star rating for this PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List for the state.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]