Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Renaissance

t13nif
By t13nif,
in

I have used the bidding strategy for 2 days at PRICELINE with no success. I had gone up to $190 and still didn't win. I have found some direct booking rates for Crown Plaza etc for as low as $219 for my dates. Should i continue bidding trying to get a lower rate or just book directly? How much lower could i expect to get a 4* in Times Square for my dates? I know i have lots of time. Thanks.

I should add that my zone is not flexible. I am travelling with my mom and she cannot walk very far, and we are only in NYC for one day before our cruise. The only place my mom wants to visit this trip is Times Square. We had done a lot of sight-seeing on a previous trip (staying at the Belvedere).

They go up and down, but on Easy Click Travel and otel.com.A couple of nights ago, everything was around $200 but they change rapidly. The Courtyard Marriott Times Sq south was at $217 the last i checked, and i've seen the Excelsior for $173 (not sure if that's a 4*).

I searched ECT and don't see the Crowne Plaza offered at all... and on otel.com i see a $290 rate but then i select that room the rate disappears and i'm shown the $432/nite rate. Neither the Courtyard or the Excelsior are 4* rated (nor ist he Excelsior near Times Square)

So given the above scenario... are you still only interested in the Times Square zone? Do you want to bid higher for a 4* hotel or lower you rating for a lesser rated property? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I could definitely go lower. I just wanted to treat my mom so was aiming for a 4*. I have heard good things about the Courtyard Marriott TS South. The location is the most important factor. We want to be able to walk to Times Square (my mom has this weird thing about cabs). I don't have a maximum bid per se. I would like to keep it around $200, but could potentially go higher if it's a great deal.

Where is the $209 rate for the Courtyard Times Square South... is it refundable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

It was on Easy CLick but i haven't checked today. I doubt it was refundable.

And Jackie, thanks for the tip, i will try!

Edited to add: i went up to $215, no luck.

Since you're only able to bid this one zone and have so far been successful, i would book the Courtyard at $209/nite for as it stands that appears to be a very good rate for that property. Also, it appears to be refundable (you'll have to doublecheck / confirm yourself) if you cancel at least 7 days before your arrival. Assuming it is refundable this will give you the ability to continue to bid in hopes of doing better... even if not refundable, it looks like a good deal (imo) given your boundary limitations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, i did check out Orbitz and found out about the coupon code from this board. I think i will need to think a bit harder about where we want to stay! All i know for sure is that it has to be a very short walk to TS as that's where my mom wants to stay. If it was up to me, i know there are great hotels and deals in other zones. Sometimes i hate being my family's travel agent.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]