Hotwire Hotel: 4* Dallas (Plano West-Frisco) Westin Stonebriar

tjw
By tjw,
in

The Hotel List has the Westin Stonebriar as a 4.5* hotel. Very near the Westin is a fairly new Sheraton. I want to be sure we get the Westin - does anyone know if it has been reduced to 4* ?

Today on HOTWIRE - Frisco/Plano Area 4* for $87. with the following amenities:

Resort

No Smoking

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Does not include business center, although the Westin has one.

Golf & Resort should be the big clue, but since these properties are so near each other -- and the golf, etc., description only says golf is 'close' . . .

Does anyone know for sure? THANK YOU!!! This will be a huge savings for us if we can get this.

Is this where I enter it as a "win"? I decided to take a chance and book this through the Better Bidding HOTWIRE link yesterday for two nights - dates are July 2nd and 3rd, 2010. It was indeed the Westin Stonebriar - $100. savings for the two nights off the regular room rate of $139/$157 with tax & fees per night. Today we had a friend call about joining us and I looked at Hotwire again for the same nights and amenities - now the price is $102/night before tax & fees instead of the $87. it was yesterday. *** [update to Update:] Now it's back to $87. How odd.

Decided that it would be worth the $100 even if we got the Sheraton Stonebriar instead - but do note that the Sheraton Stonebriar does not have a pool at all - although they will shuttle you to the Westin to use the pool there. They also provide the same shuttle service to Stonebriar Mall and Frisco Roughrider games as the Westin - just not as nice a property (although the Sheraton offers an upgrade to a continental breakfast/evening snacks & drinks lounge not offered by the Westin. Still glad we got the Westin, though. :) )

FYI: The star ratings were from the Texas PRICELINE list not the HOTWIRE one- my mistake.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

NEW UPDATE (and another 'win'):

Same dates, same amenities:

Yesterday I booked an additional room for Friday, July 2nd - price $87. (total with tax recovery and fees = $104.43).

As expected, got Westin Stonebriar (listed in Plano, TX on Hotwire).

Oops - made a mistake - I needed TWO nights. When I went back in to book the second night (July 3rd), the HOTWIRE rate went to $102. ($ 121.19 with fees).

I waited a couple of hours because on Sunday the rate dropped back down to $87. a short time later. Yesterday the HOTWIRE rate remained at $102. and is still $102. today. We really needed the room but before booking it I checked out the hotel website through www.spg.com and found the Westin Stonebriar there for $99. (total with taxes = $ 111.87). Booked that second night through the hotel site and saved the extra $10.

Tips:

When you see a good rate, be sure how many nights you want and get the rate for all nights while you can. I mistakenly thought we already had the second room for Saturday and having to rebook when the HOTWIRE rate changed would have cost an additional $17/nt.

If you see a rate go up, it may be because someone has recently booked a room or rooms and the rate MAY drop back down a few hours later or the following day. Don't count on it if you really need the room, but if you are flexible and okay with the higher rate, it might be worth looking at the site a little later to see if there is a drop. Risk is another increase or no availability, but reading the posts here and using the links provided can help you make the best possible judgment call.

Sometimes the HOTWIRE rate will drop as you get closer to your stay - I've seen one go from $79. a week before my trip to $69. the day before and drop to $59. after noon on the day I wanted to stay. This wait and see strategy is only a good idea if you have a high degree of flexibility and are willing to risk a different hotel/star rating or higher price - but it can pay off when you can handle the risk and don't mind not knowing where you're going to stay until a few hours beforehand. I used this two years ago and the $20./night + fees difference over the 4 nights I stayed in Dallas saved over $100. (Dallas Galleria area - June 2008 - Sheraton).

One more win for 07/02/10 4* Westin Stonebriar Plano/Frisco, TX $ 87.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the same hotel as your previous purchase (sometimes it doesn't appear at all for the additional nite you need) and saved a few additional dollars.

Thanks for the additional post and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]