Priceline Hotel: 3* Montreal (Laval) Radisson

calla
By calla,
in

I usually use HOTWIRE for my bookings (through BB link). This will be my first attempt with PRICELINE. I am hoping to get 3* Sheraton or Radisson for July 16 (2 rooms, 2 adults/room). The BB lists only the Radisson but this is from 2009. At the top of the PRICELINE page it indicates that "Laval is located within the Montreal region". Does this mean I can get a 3* anywhere within the region or will I get a hotel in Laval? Also, if my bid is accepted, what extra fees and taxes can I expect to have added to my winning bid? I also plan to bid on a 4* for the next night in downtown Montreal so I have printed out the bidding strategy from BB. Thanks!

At the top of the PRICELINE page it indicates that "Laval is located within the Montreal region". Does this mean I can get a 3* anywhere within the region or will I get a hotel in Laval?
Montreal is the region... Laval is a zone within the Montreal region. If you only place a checkmark next to Laval the hotel you receive will be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone on the map. This is likely 'mostly' Laval but sometimes the zones can extend a little further beyond the city limits of the zone name.
Also, if my bid is accepted, what extra fees and taxes can I expect to have added to my winning bid?
Once you select the zone, star level and enter a big amount the next page will confirm all the details you have just selected for you to review. On this page is the total you will be charged if your bid is accepted... it's very similar to HOTWIRE as there will be a booking fee will be included in the taxes/fees line.

If you let us know your maximum bid for this leg of your trip we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately you have no re-bid zones when bidding 3* in Montreal, but with time on your side i would try as follows:

Select 3* Laval...

Bid $45

If the above is rejected, i'd try the following sequence every 24 hours:

$50, $53, $55, $58, $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I followed your bidding strategy and got rejected all the way to the $60 bid. So I waited a few days since I was out of town. Today I bid $65 and my bid was accepted. I got the Radisson Hotel Laval.

July 16, 2010 - 1 night

$65.00 per room

x 2 rooms = $130.00

Taxes & fees 30.44

Total $160.44 USD

Compared to the Radisson website where the best rate is $139.46 USD for 1 room ($278.92 for 2 rooms) with all taxes included. A savings of $118.48.

The Radisson doesn't get the highest ratings but the location is perfect for us as it is across the street from the largest shopping centre in Quebec and I promised my daughter one day of power shopping. I certainly appreciate the help and friendliness this site offers. Thanks once again. I used the PRICELINE link to do my bidding and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]