Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Downtown) Sheraton City Center

christianne
By christianne,
in

Using the PRICELINE link on Better Bidding, I tried to get a 3.5* property for one night in July. I was hoping for the Marriott on Market Street, but ended up with the Sheraton which is on 17th and Race. The rules of this board prohibit "whining," so I'll simply say that I hope this property's improved since the last time I visited (and remind myself that the rate I'm paying should compensate for its shortcomings!).

• 3 months later...

I should follow up on this long-ago post by noting that my stay here was great--I am a member of the Starwood rewards program which entitles you to a room upgrade, if it's available, and I ended up on a high floor with a nicely appointed room. The only downside was that the club lounge was closed on the weekends, so I didn't get to enjoy that, but for the price I was very happy! I'd highly recommend getting an SPG card to anyone who might end up at a Starwood property (which is pretty likely, using PL and HW)--even if some people refuse to honor it because the booking was made through a third-party agency, it's still possible that you'll end up with a nice receptionist who will.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]