Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Niantic-Norwich-Mystic (Groton) Marriott Mystic

D2006
By D2006,
in

I decided to switch over to PRICELINE to try to land the Marriot Mystic, using this strategy (the hotel is now classified as a 3.5*):

At the 4* level you have six re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Groton...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Groton and re-bid zone6...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I tried this progressive bidding strategy and bid in $5 increments from $100 up to $130 (none accepted). Closed my browser and logged back in and tried to rebid starting at $135 but it gave me the "wait 24 hours" message.

I'm actually looking for 2 rooms. Skipped a couple days and just bid from $135 up to $156 per room using a similar strategy. the only known 3.5* in the area is the Marriott Mystic in Groton (we've stayed there before). Retail is $249, AAA is $224. They've got inventory available because I can book 2 rooms through their website.

Springhill Suites in Waterbury is $180 AAA rate. I suppose my max bid would probably be around $170. If I'm paying that much I might as well book the Springhill and get the Marriott rewards points.

The HOTWIRE choices that come up aren't the quality we'd be looking for judging on what they appear to be based on amenities offered, unless I am misreading things.

FWIW, I also bid (PRICELINE) 3* properties (2 rms, same dates) for New London, NL+Old Saybrook, NL+OS+Niantic, NL+OS+Ni+Groton, NL+OS+Ni+G+Mystic, NL+OS+Ni+G+M+N Stonington from $70 - $95 in $5 increments but no luck. Median retail for 3* listed for $169. I'll probably inch the 3* bidding up a bit tomorrow. We're leaving on the Long Island Ferry the next morning so the Radisson New London would be acceptable.

I started a week ago out bidding (through the PRICELINE link here) only for 3.5* in the Mystic area (the only on Priceline seemed to be this hotel) and went up to $156 with no luck. Decided to change strategy and bid for 3* (which includes 3.5* when you add the Groton zone). Bid starting at $70 over several days culminating in a $131 win for this hotel today. Retail price is $249, AAA rate is $224.

Details:

Offer price per room: $131.00

Subtotal: $262.00

Taxes and fees: $43.02

TOTAL: $305.02

Very pleased at 48% discount.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]