Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Hyatt Grand Cypress

wondermind
By wondermind,
in

I'm so excited! I won! woohoo! I noticed a lot of wins from the Hyatt Regency Cypress Resort lately i was sure that i'd get that resort-- which is not a problem for me since i've read some pretty good reviews about it. The question is whether they'd accept my low offer.

It's my first post here, so let's see if i can get the format right that'd help everybody out as this forum's helped me.

This time, I remembered to use the PRICELINE link from this forum.

First bid $60 (because i already tried starting lower than that yesterday) -- rejected. Priceline came back with an offer to increase it to $75-- . I never got this type of offer before, so i don't know if using the link in this forum helped with that. Of course, i didn't take that offer.

Second bid $62-- Accepted.. Though that was a very good rate.. the same as the previous winner had gotten, greedy me ccouldn't help but regret just a little that I had tried $61 first.

Date: 7/13/10-7/18/10

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $62.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $620.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $96.80 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $716.80 (USD)

I'm pretty excited about this hotel reading about all the amenities it has, but i'm not looking forward to the $20 resort fee like the hotel webpage mentioned. Hopefully, the front desk will forget about my resort fee like they did with the previous winner!

cheerios!

Congratulations on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

First-rate deal for this property! Glad you are excited about the hotel and are looking forward to your stay. Additionally, if you have any other recent wins, sharing the information (even if for past wins) still helps others.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

FYI-- Before my bid was accepted today, i had been trying to bid $55-$65 in this area everyday for the past week and every now and then the last 2 months without winning. So if time is on your side and you know the lowest bid that would be accepted, just be patient and try daily.

The previous winner that won at $62 for this Hyatt Grand Cypress Resort gave me hopes that it was possible to win at this price in this area. Not only that, $65 has always been my personal max that i'm willing to pay for resorts and 4* hotels due to my previous bids that were accepted by Priceline for 4* hotels in Chicago and Toronto downtowns.

I just returned from this hotel. I will check to see if we were charged the resort fee. You really won't mind this fee though because it includes so much: bike, kayak, paddle boat, sunfish rental, rock climbing wall, 9 hole golf, in room internet, and transport. My kids loved the pool and all the activities, we never had to leave the hotel for entertainment. This is really a beautiful property and at that rate, you can't go wrong. You will have a fabulous stay.

• 1 month later...

I just returned from my stay at this hotel and would like to give you an update on the $20 Hotel Fee. I have to say that even now I still don't know what's going on with the hotel policy versus what the system is actually charging people. Perhaps, with Priceline, things are a bit different?

Let me cut to the chase and tell you that we didn't have to pay the $20 mandatory hotel fee.. which was great.. but we didn't really know about this until we checked out. Here's how the whole thing went down.

We were checked in by a very nice young lady named Cristen. I suspected she was a manager since she was dressed in a nice black suit and not the gray outfits like all the other front desk people. She treated us kindly, offered each of our party a glass of champagne upon checking in. She even gave us rooms with views of the fireworks upon our request.. It was a smooth transaction. Wow, after reading all the complaints, this wasn't what i expected. We asked about the available amenities and activities and Cristen informed us that there were swimming pools with slides, boats, bikes, and climbing rock rental available. At this point i was a bit confused. Cristen did not mention the Hotel Service Fee at all. She mentioned the rental for each activity as if you'd have to pay separate fees for them. But I didn't ask further because i didn't want to remind her to start charging me!

A night later, we tried accessing the internet and before you could access the internet, the page said that the 256K internet is part of the Hotel Service Fee. At this point, i must make a decision because if they were going to charge me the fee, i might as well use the internet, but if they were not going to charge me, I didn't want to use it and pay a separate fee. So i called the front desk and asked whether my Hotel Service Fee had been paid for. The front desk confirmed that Priceline paid for my room and taxes, but I'd still have to pay the $20 Hotel Service fee per day per room and it was Mandatory and there was no option for opting out. So fine, i figured if that was the case, i might as well use the internet.

When we checked out, we found that we were charged $9.94 per day for internet usage. There was no charge for Hotel Service fee. Of course, had i known it was going to be like this, i would not have used the internet-- but it is way better than pay $20 per day so I'm not complaining much.. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay.. my niece loved the pools and the slides. We never tried the boat and the bike so I can't really confirm that those are charged separately or are free with the service fee.. So, as you can see, I'm still as confused about the whole fee or no fee thing as ever.

Spent my anniversary there last weekend.... thur,fri,sat nights. it was by far the best hotel experience in orlando for us so far. better than the marriot world center over and over... they were super nice and offered champagne etc.. as well. I think i ended getting charged $23 for the 3 nights, not sure for what. i never got an email. However, i was charged $50 for the breakfast buffet which btw is pretty nice. It's not the best ever, but they have us everything we asked for.. eg.. butter condiments etc..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]