Priceline Hotel: Need 4* in Milan - 09Sep2010 to 13Sep2010

HelloNewman
By HelloNewman,
in

Will be there for the F1 Italian GP. Saw some 5* hotwire wins in August for ~100$ a night. But hotwire shows 400$ per night for a 5* during this weekend (understandable).

I've been trying priceline for the last couple of days - central milan, 4* with 75$ and 85$ bids. no luck so far.

Any suggestions for strategy will be much appreciated!

Thanks

I've been trying priceline for the last couple of days - central milan, 4* with 75$ and 85$ bids. no luck so far.

Any suggestions for strategy will be much appreciated!

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was visitor of the Milano mobile (Furniture) for the last 3 years and could never understand how the hotel prices in Milan EXPLODE every time when an international fair happens in Rho (fair grounds).

The 2* charge 200 EUR, 3* 300 and 4* 400, the 5* start at 700-800 EUR per night (not per week!!)

Incredible that anybody pays but seems to happen otherwise the prices wouldn't be so high.

I got Marriott 1 year ahead for next year's mobile (in April) as you can see in my post.... just think they forgot to block priceline rates for that period.

In your case "HelloNewMan" I suppose you are too late right now, I'd book a flexible room in the surroundings e.g Varese (cheap train ever 30min ca. 45min) e.g. ATA Hotel oder Yes Hotel and try priceline 2-3 days before your arrival again.

BE careful with the regions outside, hotels are sometimes difficult to reach with public transport, then Varese is even better (Yes-Hotel has free shuttle, free breakfast, free pool and nice and new rooms). ATA Varese is a bit offtrack (no shuttle) but has very nice pool, Wifi... maybe you want to rent a car?

Alternatively pay the exorbitant rates :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]