LAX Los Angeles Compact Hertz

daydream
By daydream,
in

About 1 month ago I was trying to book a compact car from Jul 1 to 8 in LAX but the price in Hotwire was showing $30+ per day and I tried to bid up to $19/day in priceline and still fails. So, I booked Hertz through Expedia.ca for around $22/day as backup. Yesterday, I found the price has dropped through hotwire (it is showing $20/day for compact), so I started bidding at Priceline again. I started at $15/day but fail, I increased it to $16/day and won the bid with Hertz.

Your Offer Price: $16.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 8 days(7 days and 5 1/2 hours)

Subtotal: $128.00

Taxes and Fees: $54.36

Total Charges: $182.36

Lowest Published Price: $617.71

Total Savings:* $435.35 (You saved 70%)

• 1 month later...

I bid for a compact car through priceline from JUL 1~8 and win the bid from Hertz for $16/day. I was given a 4-Dr Toyota Yaris and at that time I did not go for the fuel option with Hertz. I fill up the car when I returned the car and a lady who inspect the car said everything was OK. However, I just received a letter from Hertz and they charge me $49.89 for fuel and service. The letter was dated Jul 26. Is there anyway I can dispute this charge? This is the first I rent a car so I did not get any written confirmation when I return the car.

I would first contact Hertz to see if you can straighten it out on your won, informing them that you returned the car full and the attendant receiving the car stated that you were all set.

If you don't reach any satisfcation then i'd get your credit card company involved.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
I just called Hertz and they just asked me "did U refill the car when you return it?" and I said "yes". Then the lady said "OK, you will receive the refund in 2~3 days". Did Hertz try to bill every car that did not opt for they fuel option?

I fill up at the end of every rental and always always always get and save the receipt.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]