Priceline Hotel: what do you reckon of this price please ?

dorsetjohn
By dorsetjohn,
in

Hello everyone , first post so please be kind :)

Ok , we want to book 8 poss 9 rooms via priceline for next june 2011 , staying for 5 nights . want to be in TS , MTW or MTE in a 4* Hotel . These Zones only

Now , Im going to try and start bidding around January time . Im wondering if any of you nice people would have a bidding strategy for me . The maximum I want to pay per night before taxes is $180 . First choice is TS , Second choice MTW , Third choice MTE

Also , have any of you wise old Sages ever heard of this amount of rooms being bid on before and accepted ?

I know Im asking along way off , but I have alot to plan :)

Thanks in Advance

Hello. For NYC, i think it will be very tough to get 8 rooms via PRICELINE, although PRICELINE can negotiate that number of rooms.

$180 sounds very optimistic, so i think that for that price, you might get a good deal.

I have gotten recently 5 rooms in Chicago and Milwaukee recently at good hotels, but i have never tried NYC. Maybe you can try bidding in blocks of 4 rooms, noting that you might get different hotels in those separate bids.

Good luck. January sounds like a good time to search. Keep in mind Priceline's no cancellation policies before you bid.

You can also try HOTWIRE during your search.

dorsetjohn,

Please start by reading your messages.

Too many things can change between now and January, the time you're ready to bid... zone boundaries can change, new hotels can be added, removed, upgraded, downgraded, thereby changing your re-bid zones, not to mention hotel direct rates (which play a factor into bidding strategies)

Please locate this thread once your plans are firm and you're ready to begin bidding... we'll be happy to advise on your stay at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Click the 'X" in the top right corner of the Internet Explorer page which has the "We're sorry, we were unable to find a hotel to accept your bid... you're credit card has not been charged" page. (you can have other non-PRICELINE pages still open)

Since you'll then need to re-access PRICELINE to bid again, here is a tip:

Use the PRICELINE search box on the top right corner of the page. After you submit all your information and click the GO button, you're immediately brought (in a new browser window) to the PRICELINE bidding page for the area you have selected. Then if you need to close the browser, simply do so and return to the BetterBidding window where all of your information will still be in the search box... simply click the GO button again and continue your bidding.

If you need help with an upcoming stay feel free to post the details (city, zone, dates, star rating, maximum bid, etc) and we'll try to help accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys this isn't a priceline question but a general question of all you New York experts and price rate experts . Hope you don't mind :)

Now .............. I want to book 4 rooms next June 15th and stay for 5 nights ( 8 people )

I live in the UK and a 3rd party website here ( e-bookers ) has a deal on at the moment that works out in your money $238 + Tax+ $3.50 room occupancy PER NIGHT to stop at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers . 4 star property in the Midtown West district . Now I have stayed here a couple of year ago and it was quite nice

Now the question is what do you think of the price $238 + tax + $3.50 tax per night ? ( tax 14.5% ) . I need to book around 16 rooms , but they will only let me book 4 at a time . I have phoned about group booking but they have no extra deal . I have emailed alot of hotels in new york and there prices even for Group bookings are very high

Your advice would be appreciated

Best Wishes

With nearly a year to go, I think both in terms of regular rate and discount rate, I'd wait to get more clarity on rates. On Travelocity, only a few properties are showing available, and my guess would be due to not making inventory available that far in advance yet. NYC rates can be very volatile and there's a ton of time - I'd suggest waiting until the Winter (December-January) to start to book and hopefully more options for your dates will have come online.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Dorsetjohn,

Unless I am reading your post incorrectly, I think you need to check your maths again re the taxes! 14.5% of $238 per night = $34.51 tax per night, not $3.50. That would make the price $272.51 per night. Might not be a bargain -- especially booking this early. What are the cancellation fees? You might want to take a look at the website for Sheraton (check the support page links here above on the forum) and see if you might qualify for any special rates --- any seniors in the group?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Can you please look at these prices for The Royalton Hotel please . We are arriving next June 15th staying for 5 nights . The prices are through a website here in the UK . Prices are in USA Dollars

Standard Room $200 + Tax

Superior room $233 + Tax

Deluxe Room $267 + Tax

What do you think of these prices and is the Standard room price a great deal

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]