Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown South) InterContinental

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

Planning this Toronto baseball trip is making my head spin. Priceline lists Toronto downtown as North and South but Hotwire lists hotels as being in Toronto East and West...wth??? We're coming in for a ball game so would like to be near Rogers Centre. I could use assistance in IDing the following 2 hotels for 6/19/10 to 6/21/10:

Downtown Toronto West area Hotel - 4*- $113

Fitness center

Pool

Restaurant

Business center

High speed internet

SPA

Downtown Toronto West area Hotel - 3* - $115

smoke free

restaurant

laundry facilities

High speed internet

Tennis nearby

Thanks in advance!

The 4* matches previous reports for the Inter-Continental Toronto Centre while the 3* matches the Holiday Inn Midtown (280 Bloor St) so that would be my best guess for each.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what yo decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only better location than the Intercontinental for a trip to see the Jays would be the Renaissance, which is actually part of the Rogers Centre. The IC Toronto Centre is a very nice hotel, is a 3 minute walk to the game, and for $2 cheaper than the HI Midtown, is a GREAT deal!!

The only better location than the Intercontinental for a trip to see the Jays would be the Renaissance, which is actually part of the Rogers Centre. The IC Toronto Centre is a very nice hotel, is a 3 minute walk to the game, and for $2 cheaper than the HI Midtown, is a GREAT deal!!

Thanks for your assistance, thereuare. I ended up getting the Intercontinental using Priceline and will write up my win on that forum. We've had some mobility issues this year so, thanks, robteb, for letting me know that we're in easy walking distance to the park. My hubby is on a quest to get to every major league ball park and we are now in the home stretch!

Used every appropriate rebid zone for the 4* hotels, then signed out and rebid again this time searching for 3.5* hotels. Did this in $1 and/or $2 dollar increments for the past three days. At $88 I was told I should add $20 (I think) to my bid but I just kept plodding along a buck at a time. Weird thing was that today I got several pop up messages from Priceline telling me to wait a few minutes and click on the "Check My Offer Status" button to see if my most recent bid was accepted. This happened 5 times and they finally accepted my offer after the 6th time. I tried contacting several hotels directly and many hotels were already booked for this weekend or very, very expensive so I'm pleased with my win...and the location is perfect for our needs. I am so grateful for the great tips and information I get at BetterBidding, so it was my pleasure to use the PRICELINE link above. Toronto here we come!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]