Hotwire Hotel: Loews Lake Las Vegas question/help needed

JenBH
By JenBH,
in

We are planning a trip to Lake Las Vegas and I am strongly considering bidding on Priceline for this hotel.

I am in a group of four (2 adults, 2 kids.)

Lately on some of my wins, I have been having trouble securing double beds. Some hotels refuse to give you a room with 2 beds and, instead, count on the pull out couch as accommodation for two.

I was told at a Courtyard and also an Embassy Suites that it was against their policy to move you to a room with two beds. Does anyone know if Loews has a similar policy??

I know that technically they are providing a place for all four of us to sleep, but the two stuck on the pull out couch are definitely bummed!

Thanks if any of you can fill me in on their policy or the types of rooms you've been given with your Priceline/Hotwire win!

Jen

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... after that it is at the discretion of the hotel. Whether the hotel is willing to accommodate your request for a room with 2 beds mostly depends upon occupancy levels at the property for the nite(s) of your stay, and then other factors come into play: hotel policy (usually set at the property level, not the chain level), mood of the front desk clerk, what's available at time of check-in, etc. If the hotel is able to accommodate your request for a room with two beds, they also have a right to charge an additional fee for this type of room.

HOTWIRE guarantees "sleeping accommodations" for everyone you include on your search, up to quad occupancy per room. While this usually means a room with 2 beds, it could be one bed plus a sofabed, pullout couch, etc. The advantage of HOTWIRE in this situation is that while it still doesn't guarantee two actual beds, it does guarnantee that at least there will be a place for everyone in the group to sleep (even if one of these 'accommoations' is a pullout sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]