Priceline Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

marla6
By marla6,
in

Hi all! Any ideas on what this could be? I'm looking for 6/19 to 6/20, two rooms. Don't really have a budget but I'd definitely like one of the higher-end properties. I'm surprised at how much the 'normal' rates vary for these!

4* Downtown Austin/Town Lake

$99

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Internet

Recommended 90%

Unfortunately it seems almost all of the 4* have the same amenities listed.

Maybe more info on what I'm trying to do will help. I'm coming in from out of state to visit a friend whose husband just recently returned from a 2nd deployment. The live a few towns away and we'll be meeting in downtown so we can all get away. Since I dont' get in until late Saturday, and since they are basically newlyweds (a bit more than a year), I would like to get them a very nice room where they can check in early, do what newlyweds do, whatever...as a late wedding present. Of course, I don't care what MY room looks like (I could stay at the extended stay for all I care) but I don't want us to be at two separate hotels. Any thoughts? Am I better off booking through the hotel to try to get two rooms (or a decent deal on a 2 br?). This will be my first time in AUS (and their kids will be out of town) so we want it to be nice.

Thanks for the help!!!

I searched for 2 adults. Eek! Didn't think it would matter since I searched for 2 rooms. Guess I don't know all the 'tricks' yet.

There will be 3 of us total. We don't HAVE to have two separate rooms (or even a 2br suite if I booked through a hotel)....just thought it'd be a nice gesture, and well, I'm sure we'd all enjoy the privacy.

The above does match multiple properties, but my best guess for the one being offered is either the Hyatt or the Hilton. If these are of interest i'll explain my thinking (but it's a bit detailed, so if no interest just as soon move on trying to find you what you are interested in)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the input. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd lean more toward the Hilton, based on location....seems we're closer to downtown many restaurants/bars etc. We wil have a car available though, so it's not a huge deal. Oh, and I'd be perfectly ok with a 3.5* prop too. Just shooting high right now is all.

I was really looking to find out two things: 1-that hopefully it WON"T be the ATT center, and 2-that it MAY possibly be a snazzy property. it's downtown, I suppose they're all nice :-) I've never been so I have no clue.

I was also looking around at some of the boutique-type properties (BnB but not so grandma-lookin') because I think they'd be into that, but I can't afford two rooms at those types of places.

I think I'll look around some more and maybe try to book something later this afternoon, whether through HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or the hotel itself. I appreciate any other thoughts you want to add.

Thanks again!

Looks like the $99 4* is still available, and now there is a 3.5* ($84) popping up also for downtown but with a kitchenette I can't tell which prop it might be (maybe it's not reported yet?) I searched for 3 adults, 2 room for 6/19/10 (Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant,

Business Center, Kitchenette, Recommended 80%)

It doesn't look like the bnb that I had my eye on is going to come through for me so we're back to searching for 2 rooms in downtown. I hadn't booked yet because I had my fingers crossed for the bnb :)

The 3.5* has not yet been reported to the board 'as-is', but my guess is a new amenity combination and upgraded star rating (from 3* to 3.5*) for the Doubletree Guest Suites.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I decided to take my chances with a PRICELINE bid, since the original 4* (@ $99) that I asked about was gone and it was now listed for $115.

The win ($72)

Hyatt Regency Austin

208 Barton Springs Boulevard

Austin, Texas 78704

6/19/10 - 6/20/10

2 rooms, 3 adults

Here's how it went down:

4*

$60 Downtown - rejected

$64 add Central zone - rejected

$68 add North zone - rejected

$72 add Northwest zone - accepted

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $72.00

Subtotal: $144.00

Taxes & Fees: $30.58

Total Charges*: $174.58

I think it's a darn win, especially for two rooms. Rack rate on the hotel site is $199! Cheapest parking around (12 self/18valet) and even though I was shooting for the other side of the bridge, I'm kinda glad we're a little closer to SoCo and only a short ride away from 6th.

Thanks again for ALL help. I've said it, but I'll say it again: LOVE THIS SITE! so of course I used the PRICELINE link :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]