Priceline Hotel: 2* The Black Hills (Custer) Days Inn

CPAMom
By CPAMom,
in

I want to communicate the ripoff I had at the Days Inn in Custer, SD. I've been a PRICELINE customer many times and never had an outrageous charge related to our child. I'm well aware of the 2 adult accommodation, but a $30 charge per night for a 2nd bed has NEVER happened. I purchased for 2 nights, then called the hotel to request a 2nd bed because it only has 48 rooms. The staff was clear that I would be charged an additional $30 per night for the 2nd bed. She said she always has this problem with PRICELINE customers. I was outraged and told her that I was considering extending my stay another night, but that I clearly would not do that now. I told her that they should not list on priceline since it is a consistent problem. She said she had no choice but to list with them as it was a corporate decision. (I find that hard to believe.)

My complaint is not the charge in and of itself; it's the outrageous amount. This is a PRICELINE penalty. It should have been $10 or $15 at the most.

I've communicated my complaint to PRICELINE, not expecting any refund. I just hope that they will discontinue providing Days Inn - Custer as an option.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear of your (mis)treatment by this hotel. It's hard to draw the line... while $30 does seem excessive, there are others who would find $10 to be excessive. My thought is that the charge should be whatever the difference in room rate is if booked directly thru the hotel. When booked thru the hotel directly, if the difference in price between a standard room for 2adults/0children and a standard room for 2adults/1child is $10, then the additional charge to the PRICELINE customer arriving with a child as the 3rd guest in the room should be charge $10... if the hotel direct price difference is $30, then the PRICELINE customer should be charged $30... if the hotel doesn't charge for a child as the 3rd guest in the room, then there shouldn't be any charge to the PRICELINE guest either. This keeps the charge to 'fair market value' since it would restrict the hotel to charging what 'regular retail' customers are willing to pay.

Thank you for sharing your win and experience with the board, we hope you continue to post your future win(s) to the board as well.

Can you please also add a reply to this thread with the room rate (without the additional charge) and the dates of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, hope your future stays are better than this one was.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]